Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE , ERROR SY-SUBRC = 2 , UPLOAD_OLE

michael_teran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know in what cases sy-subrc is '2' in function ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE

the result of this function depends the version of excel, office ???

Somebody can help me ?

4 REPLIES 4

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess its ERROR_NO_GUI = 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It is a Upload error from Excel file.

The return value of sy-subrc is as follows in Help.SAP.com

Return Value

SY-SUBRC

Return value set by the following ABAP statements. In general, a content of 0 means that the statement was executed without problems.

· ASSIGN sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if assignment to field symbol is possible, otherwise 4.

· ASSIGN <dref>->* sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if dereferencing is possible, otherwise 4.

· AUTHORITY-CHECK sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the user has the necessary authorization, otherwise 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 28, 32, or 36 depending on the cause.

· CALL DIALOG with USING sets SY-SUBRC to 0, if processing was successful, otherwise <>0.

· CALL FUNCTION sets SY-SUBRC according to the exception handling.

· CALL METHOD sets SY-SUBRC according to the exception handling.

· CALL SELECTION-SCREEN sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the user chose Enter or Execute and 4 if the user chose Cancel.

· CALL TRANSACTION with USING sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if processing was successful, otherwise <>0.

· CATCH SYSTEM-EXCEPTIONS sets SY-SUBRC if there are runtime errors after the ENDCATCH statement. The value is specified in the program.

· COMMIT WORK sets SY-SUBRC to 0.

· COMMIT WORK AND WAIT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if update was successful, otherwise <>0.

· COMMUNICATION INIT DESTINATION u2026 RETURNCODE sets SY-SUBRC as specified.

· CONCATENATE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the result fits into target variable, otherwise 4.

· CREATE OBJECT sets SY-SUBRC if the exceptions of the instance constructor are handled.

· CREATE OBJECT in OLE2 sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if an external object was created, otherwise 1,2, 3 with different causes.

· DELETE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the operation was successful, otherwise 4 or <> 0 depending on cause.

· DEMAND u2026 MESSAGES INTO sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if a message table is empty, otherwise <> 0.

· DESCRIBE LIST sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if row or list exists, otherwise 4 or 8.

· EXEC SQL - ENDEXEC sets SY-SUBRC to 0 in almost all cases. Only if no set was read with FETCH is SY-SUBRC 4.

· FETCH sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if at least one row was read, otherwise 4.

· GENERATE SUBROUTINE POOL sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if generation was successful, otherwise 8.

· GET CURSOR sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the cursor is correctly positioned, otherwise 4.

· GET PARAMETER sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if value found in SAP Memory, otherwise 4.

· IMPORT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if import of data objects was successful, otherwise 4.

· LOAD REPORT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the operation was successful, otherwise 4 or 8 depending on cause.

· LOOP sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if loop over extract was passed at least once, otherwise 4.

· LOOP AT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if loop over internal table was passed at least once, otherwise 4.

· MODIFY sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if operation was successful, otherwise 4.

· MODIFY LINE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if list row was changed, otherwise <> 0.

· MODIFY sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if operation was successful, otherwise 4.

· OLE2 automation, bundled commands set SY-SUBRC to 0 if all were successfully executed, otherwise 1, 2, 3, 4 depending on cause.

· OPEN DATASET sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the file was opened, otherwise 8.

· Open SQL commands set SY-SUBRC to 0 if operation was successful, otherwise <>0.

· OVERLAY sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if at least one character is overlayed, otherwise 4.

· READ DATASET sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the read operation was successful, otherwise 4 or 8 depending on cause.

· READ LINE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if list row exists, otherwise <> 0.

· READ TABLE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if the table row was found, otherwise 2, 4, 8 depending on cause.

· REPLACE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if search string could be replaced, otherwise <> 0.

· ROLLBACK WORK always sets SY-SUBRC to 0.

· SCROLL sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if scrolling in list successful, otherwise 4 or 8 depending on cause.

· SEARCH sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if search string was found, otherwise 4.

· SELECT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if at least one row was read, otherwise 4 or even 8 with SELECT SINGLE FOR UPDATE.

· SET COUNTRY sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if country ID was found in table T005X, otherwise 4.

· SET BIT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if bit was set, otherwise <> 0.

· SET TITLEBAR sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if title exists, otherwise 4.

· SHIFT u2026 UP TO sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if position was found in character string, otherwise 4.

· SPLIT sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if size of target fields is sufficient, otherwise 4.

· UPDATE sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if operation successful, otherwise 4.

· WRITE u2026 TO sets SY-SUBRC to 0 if assignment successful, otherwise 4.

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep .C

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

In detail, look to this how the exception is declared in the function module.

FUNCTION ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE .

*"----

-

""Lokale Schnittstelle:

*" IMPORTING

*" VALUE(FILENAME) LIKE RLGRAP-FILENAME

*" VALUE(I_BEGIN_COL) TYPE I

*" VALUE(I_BEGIN_ROW) TYPE I

*" VALUE(I_END_COL) TYPE I

*" VALUE(I_END_ROW) TYPE I

*" TABLES

*" INTERN STRUCTURE ALSMEX_TABLINE

*" EXCEPTIONS

*" INCONSISTENT_PARAMETERS

*" UPLOAD_OLE

*"----

-

· OLE2 automation, bundled commands set SY-SUBRC to 0 if all were successfully executed, otherwise 1, 2, 3, 4 depending on cause.

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep .C

Edited by: Dileep Kumar Chinnaiah on Mar 19, 2009 10:23 AM

michael_teran
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks