cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Status in LOLK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

I have a 01 inspection lot that includes a system status of LOLK as well as ICCO.

During MIGO Goods Receipt, SAP will generate a batch number and put the batch into restricted-use status. The material also goes into QI hold. During the Usage Decision, our system re-identifies that SAP batch number to an existing batch number because we co-mingle product. That original SAP batch number is supposed to automatically move to unrestricted-use batch status during the re-ID process, though sometimes this doesn't happen and the plant doesn't catch the warning messages prior to saving the UD. This happened recently and the plant person went back into the UD to try to unrestrict the original batch rather than doing it through MSC2N. So, what we have currently is that the batch of this raw ingredient (ROH) is now in a restricted stock inventory status (batch status is unrestricted-use) and I can not move the material out of restricted stock status using MIGO.

Even though the UD has been performed complete, I feel the only way to fix this issue is to go back into transaction QA12 to fix the batch and undo the LOLK. Nothing I've tried so far works.

So to recap: the 01 inspection lot for a raw ingredient has a system status of LOLK and ICCO

Any ideas? This is a priority issue for us as the plant needs to apply this material to a process order and produce.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

GD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was anyone able to identify what caused the locks? We have a similar scenario wherein we encountered "Inspection lot 24356 is locked by user". It is the first time I encountered the issue and what we did was to delete the lock entries in SM12 as a workaround. However, I feel there is something more causing this and deleting the lock entries is a temporary workaround.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both Sujit and Gajesh. The issue has been solved. Here are the steps followed along with the original issue. I'm posting this in case it happens to someone else:

Issue: Material/batch is in restricted stock status;

Material/batch is in unrestricted batch status;

01 Inspection lot has a system status of LOLK.

Note: MIGO MT 341 and 342 are not used manually;

Deadline Monitoring of batches for Expiry Dates is not utilized.

Answer: 1. Unset the batch for LOLK in the Usage Decision (transaction QA12, per Gajesh's note);

2. Using transaction MSC2N re-restricted the batch and saved;

3. Using transaction MSC2N unrestricted the batch and saved;

4. After step 3. SAP moved the restricted stock of material into unrestricted inventory. There was a disconnect between the first unrestricting of the batch and the material movement to unrestricted stock status - possibly because the inspection lot had a batch status of LOLK.

I thank you again Sujit and Gajesh.

Regards,

GD

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GD1,

Please try to unlock the back recrod. As you know LOLK stands for Lot locked for batch record.

Go to QA12> enter the lot number & enter> Go to Menu Button UsageDecision (on top) > Functions> Block for batch Record > Deselect

Please try and give your feedback

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

The LOLK status has been removed but the batch and material are still in restricted stock status.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

GD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

LOLK : Lot locked for batch record

ICCO: Inspection close completed

In QA07 check the tick of Block batch

Block Batch at Expiry Date

Defines that a batch is blocked, if its expiration date lies within the opening period.

If you set this indicator, batches are blocked if their expiration date lies within the opening period:

If the batch status management is active in the corresponding plant, the batch status is changed to "restricted".

If the batch status management is not active in the corresponding plant, the batch stocks are transferred to the blocked stock.

Note

If the next inspection date has been reached, the blocking of the batch has priority over the next scheduled inspection.

Check the expiry date of ROH

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thank you for your response.

My understanding of transaction QA07 for Deadline Monitoring is that it will put the expiry date batch into restricted stock status. The material is already in restricted stock status and there is no 09 inspection lot involved.

Also, we are not using QA07 as part of our scope and have not given access to this transaction to our user community.

Can you let me know how you think using QA07 will unrestrict the inventory of this material when there is no 09 inspection lot? We already have a completed Usage Decision on the 01 receipt of the material/batch.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

GD