cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building DC starts creating error. Building project worked fine???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts i am using SAP Netweaver 7.0 NWDS:7.0

i created a webDynpro java application that uses the KM api calls [tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f02b492c-7d76-2a10-86aa-e11e8388fde8] .

Using the Project was build & deployed everything worked fine. *As soon as

i tried to build the DC development component i get errors*

Error: This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.security.api.IUser

( typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)WDKMCompView.java

LocalDevelopmentkmcompinfb.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/infb line 0

i searched on SDN tried to fix it by Going to  project properties -> java build path->
 libreries-> ad variable
select wd runtime
click on extend
and select
com.sap.security/lib/com.sap.security.api.jar

now i get different set of error!!

Error : The import com.sapportals cannot be resolved WDKMCompView.java LocalDevelopmentkmcompinfb.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/infb line 26

Greetings

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

As there is an error with "import com.sap.security.api.IUser" and you have developed DC so you need that library as used DC.

Try adding the "com.sap.security.api.sda" as Used DC.ie.,

Expand DC MetaData -> DC Definition. Right click in Used DC and Add Used DC. Then you find a com.sap_SAP-JEE a package(Expand it) ->Now select com.sap.security.api.sda and press finish.

Hope it resolves the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jhansi Miryala,

i continue to get error even after performing the steps as u mentioned . See the things is i created this WD project inside DC. After the source was complete i could build it, deploye it, also created Iview in portal from it. everything worked fine.

As soon as i rightclicked and chose "development component -> Build " all sorts of new errors

com.sapportals cannot be resolved is the error that i am getting now.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Just switch to the "Navigator" tab in the webdynpro perspective and then delete "gen_wdp" and "gen_ddic" folders from the context. Now, Exit the NWDS and open it again. I had the similar problems and resolved it in this manner. This part of Webdynpro Java is really annoying. SAP should find a standard way or solution to this issue. I don't know if there is a standard way of doing this already....

Best Wishes,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Gopal,

i still doesnt work for me even after delete the packages as suggested . Dont know what the crap, everytime i have to start from the beginning. i have decided NOT to build DC, just use Deploy new archive & run !!

Greetings

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed due to further posting requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

From the tutorial it is clear that there are around 7 External JARS that are required for the development. Now, when doing the development with NWDI or DC development, the External JARS that are to be used in the Project need to be added as External Library to the DC.

When we go for the DC -> Build option, it so happen that the external JARS present in the classpath are deleted.

To make use of these JARS, you'll need to identify them on your track and add them as Used DC, as you have done it for com.sap.security.api.jar. OR

You can add all the required JARS tot an External Library DC as suggested.

The procedure for Using External Libraries for Development with NWDI can be found at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/3ce3e4df201d63e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

You can also refer to the procedure from the blog: /people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Hope it Helps.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

Sorry for getting back late on this. You are right the External Jars go missing from the Project Build Path. whats bothering me is for building the APPLICATION i need to have all these references & i get them via Navigating thru the eclipse Plugin folder ( using IBM Jar findes in few other cases ). However when building DC's i need to rediscover these in the Used DC ( via add DC ) i seriously dont know where to locate

u2022 bc.rf.framework_api

u2022 bc.rf.global.service.urlgenerator_api

u2022 bc.sf.framework_api

u2022 bc.util.public_api

u2022 com.sap.security.api

u2022 com.sap.security.api.ep5

u2022 prtapi

under ADD DC myComponent Structure. I am at the moment not using NWDI.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

It is advisable to contact your SAP Basis team with this list of JAR files.

They should be able to find them on the server.

You can also, try searching them in your DTC folder. With this you may get the exact names of the reference DCS on your track, to be added in used DC.

Regards,

Alka.