cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I released a request without specifying a target system for it and it is no longer midifiable.

Please help as i need it on the QAS server.

Thanks

Maureen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your transport routes were not properly configured and you don't have a target system when displaying the transport request, when you release the transport request no data file and co file are created.

It means that you cannot import this transport request in an other system.

The release has just unlocked the objects.

You have to recreate properly (with a target system) a new transport request.

If you routes are good, you will get automatically a target system.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maureen,

When releasing the request you don't require to mention the target system.

Since TMS is configured, the request released will be available to the Quality system also( sharing the same TRANS directory ). Now you need to import the request in Quality system and at this time it asks you to mention the client you which to import.

If the 2 systems(DEV and QUA) are not sharing the same TRANS directory then you need to copy the cofile and data file f that request to the quality system TRANS directory(COFILES and DATA respectively) and run Tcode

STMS_IMPORT then Extras >Other Requests>Add. Now give the request number you added and then import.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

copy the request number from cofiles and data in dev server and paste that request number in cofiles and data ,which is present in qa server.After that import the request number in qa using the tcode stms_import -->extra -

> otherrequest -->add . and select the request number and click the import request button and select a client and click on the button " overwrite the orginals".

Former Member
0 Kudos

just copy the cofiles and data files of transport request from dev server and then go into qa system->stms

then extras->other requests and add

then give the transport number and then import it in qa

let me know of any issues

Rohit