cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface determination : How to populate an Operation Mapping parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm creating an interface determination, I have an Operation Mapping in it. This operation mapping has an inbound parameter. When Configurating this parameter I can choose between putting a constant or getting the value from a "container". Does anybody knows where this container will be? Is it possible to take the parameter from an export parameter from Integration Process(BPM)?

My interface:

BPM->IDOC

Regards

Gonzalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameters of mapping can be a constant, the result of another mapping, or a container element inside a BPM.

You cannot pass parameters from BPM to mapping, that is outside. Could you add a field to the source structure in mapping, where you put the desired parameter instead?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

What I wanted is leaving the mapping outside the BPM, instead that I can leave it inside and the result will be the wanted. What you mean implies something similar.

I'm going to explain why, from the process dessign point of view, I want to leave the mapping outside.

1.-I send an IDOC from my ERP

2.-This IDOCs starts a BPM who, in a synchronous way, makes some updates in a DB.

3.- Functionally speaking this updates could return a 0 if OK or a -1 if NOK

4.-The BPM have to return an ACK to the ERP.

For constructing this ACK I need my original IDOC and the result of the updates (-1 or 0).

-If I put the mapping inside the BPM it will work (and that will probably be the final solution).

-But, for a better performance and dessign, I wanted to leave the mapping outside.

-I also want to know if the container in the interface determination we talked before can be used or what it means. (So let me know if you find out something about)

-The third reason is that I find interesting speak about this topics in the forum if you know what I mean 😄

Regards

Gonzalo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for both documents. Very useful to show my problem:

OK, so if you can go to pag 12 in the first document (PDF) in the interface determination I arrived until step 2 without problems, but when you try to populate the simple type parameter (non adapter) you have 2 options:

-You can parametrize it as a constant: by typing the value directly (as its done in the example: 'myValue')

-Or you can take it from a "Container Element": And here is my problem: What is this "Container Element"? How can I access and assign this value? How can I parametrize this value as a variable, dynamically?

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

My point is achieving the whole thing leaving the mapping out of the bpm. Is that possible?

Regards

Gonzalo

Edited by: Gonzalo del Castillo on Mar 18, 2009 5:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no documentation that I can find, unfortunate..

I checked in our environment, these fields are more or less disabled (???!!!)...I ll have to re-look at it..

will keep you posted if I find any better information.

w.r.t your query, the above pdf says that simple typed 'containers' can be passed..have you tried that?? pg 13, pt # 3

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried defining both parameters and container elements in the repository in the BPM. But none of them appears as the "Container Element" in the directory.

I'll keep in touch with you throw this post in case of some of us achieve something. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to take the parameter from an export parameter from Integration Process(BPM)?

Yes, Possible - using a Transformation step

Have you gone through these

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909e33f0-738c-2a10-4f87-ce73398b...

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings

Regards

Vishnu