cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here, I've to display the Organisation Stucture in the Webdynpro (ABAP) Page. I've tried using the FM RP_PNP_ORGSTRUCTURE. But it's giving the error saying "Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised". I came to know that it's due to the fact that this FM is flashing the ABAP Screen to display the Organisation Structure which is not possibel through Webdynpro.

I found the FM HCM_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML which will return the XML string that can be converted and displayed in the Webdynpro Page. But I don't know how to find the input parameters for this (i_ViewID, I_ORGSCENARIO etc...). Could you pls tell me where to find these parameters OR tell me if any other way to display this Org. Structure in the Webdynpro for ABAP.

Thanks alot in advance...

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the function module you mention is used in the HCM-OCI for extracting org charts for publishing.

[SAP HR Interface for Organizational Charting (HR-OCI) 6.0: Partner Integration and Configuration Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/300d95e1-1b61-2910-9ba6-80375daf4385]

is a bit heavy for what you want, but it should explain in reasonably simple terms those questions you had about what all the parameters are.

However, using that information to represent a chart ... that's another matter.

I'm working on an adobe flex component to do exactly this - but not using the HCM-OCI interface.

There is probably a large market out there for the first company that manages to do this well and cheaply.

Not sure if Thomas has any plans to do org chart type charting with his google chart interface - but that might be worth looking at...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you get around this?

Could you throw some ideas?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

All organizational unit details are available in Table HRP1000 .

you can get the organizational unit details using the function module RH_OBJID_CHECK_46A.

by giving the parameter value

SEARK *

PLVAR 01

OTYPE O

LANGU EN

NO_DIALOG X

Regards

Krishnan R.