cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Clients in Solman Possible or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Is it possible to have 2 clients simultaneously function in solution manager.

We are already having one client configured and functioning in Solution Manager.

We would like to have another fresh client, which will be configured again and will be used after everything is set. Is this scenario possible? could any one list the possible issues , which we may face during this process.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar / Naveen

Thanks again for your response. We have implemented the service desk and have started using it.

So, we are more concerned with the service desk functinality. I hope ,as Naveen has mentioned, it wont effect the service desk functionality( like mail triggering, message statuses, etc....) or configuration in original client, if we do the service desk configuration in new client.

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks again for your immediate responses.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier Business partner are client dependent so you can use service desk without any problem

All the action mail etc are normally configured on BP etc which are peculiar to client so no issue go ahead

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few stuffes are cross clients in Service Desk also, like Satellite system can point to anyone of your client in Solman thru Back RFC , Support team Determination rule in Solman.

But Transactions or support messages are client dependent.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to both of you to for giving me a very clear picture about the scenario.

So , we are planning to create a new client, will have a new project created, new service desk setup which can run parallel to the existing client.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually , the client which we are using now, has not been configured properly. Its all messed up. So , thought of having a fresh client, which can be configured fresh from the beginning.

But my question is, is it possible to configure a fresh client without effecting anything in present client. For eg, some configuration might be cross client. So, is it possible to have a fresh client installed without effecting the operation of the present client.

Appreciate your timely help.

Thank You.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its all depend on what all scenario are curently used by you or present there ...

that is why I am not 100 percent sure that how much it will impact but ...for e.g master data like Business partner etc wont be having any problem ..........as they are client specific...but like client independent ...it may have an impact

So you can create a new one and then do only the additional config which are required and then both will run parallely.

Hope it clarfies

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Solution Monitoring including System administration, EWA ,BPM , Projects and Business Processes are cross clients.

Service desk and chaRM you can configure in different clients without much on your present working client.

regards

Naveen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible for eg you can have Dev and QA client on same server of solman and prod client on diff solman server.

You can move the request from Dev to QA normally via STMS and thus testing can be done on QA.

Secondly why you want to configure your new client again ....instead just move the request to this new client to carry out the needed changes.

Hope it clarifies

Regards

Prakhar