cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some task files are empty in USER1 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are trying to setup a new system by shell-creation.

So far we did prepare the target-system by installing the Database,

giving the os-users of sender and tdms-central-system all rights on the

target.

On the sender, we did create the control-files by running r3ctrl and setting up

the folders SAPINST and EXPORT.

In TDMS we did define the sender and the central-system as well as entering

the target-database and the SAPINST-folder (on the sender-system).

Now we have a problem understanding what to do next.

Where do we tell TDMS where the target is?

In the dialog where RFC-connections are created, we can only define a

SAP-system as receiver. As there is no SAP-System for the shell-creation,

this dialogue does not seem the be the right way.

When we try to run the shell-creation without a receiver, we get two errors.

The first one in the step "Determine Tables to be Excluded from the Export"

And the second one in "Modify Control Files with Exclude Table Information"

// Permission denied

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards

System-Data:

All Servers Win2k3, MSSQL, all in the same Domain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So far we did prepare the target-system by installing the Database,

> giving the os-users of sender and tdms-central-system all rights on the

> target.

Basically there is no target system when start. It was not necessary to install a system on the to-be-target.

> On the sender, we did create the control-files by running r3ctrl and setting up

> the folders SAPINST and EXPORT.

Good.

> In TDMS we did define the sender and the central-system as well as entering

> the target-database and the SAPINST-folder (on the sender-system).

Good.

> Now we have a problem understanding what to do next.

> Where do we tell TDMS where the target is?

Nowhere - it is not yet existing.

> When we try to run the shell-creation without a receiver, we get two errors.

> The first one in the step "Determine Tables to be Excluded from the Export"

>

The system is apparently unable to read the results of your R3ldctl call.

> And the second one in "Modify Control Files with Exclude Table Information"

>

// Permission denied

Same here.

What operating system are you using?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

System-Data:

All Servers Win2k3, MSSQL, all in the same Domain

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On Windows the system runs with user SAPService<SID> - so you must make sure this user has permission to access the sapinst directory as well as your export directory.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay we will try again i let you know

Thanks a lot

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I basically do shell creation as follows:

- install the latest system copy tools (R3load, R3ldctl, R3szchk, libdb<database>slib.dll)

- create an installation directory and give full permissions to <sid>adm and SAPService<SID>

- create a directory for export location and give full permissions to <sid>adm and SAPService<SID>

- open a cmd.exe as <SID>adm, step to the installation directory and execute "R3ldctl -l R3ldctl.log -p ." (note the "dot" which means actual directory)

- in parallel start the client export of client 000 in source system using SCC8 (profile SAP_ALL) and note the file names you get in the last dialog window

- when R3ldctl is finished give permissions to SAPService<SID> for all files in the installation directory

- proceed with TDMS

- when you are at the point to start the system copy start sapinst, choose system copy and select start migration monitor manually (VERY important!)

- sapinst will run R3ldctl, R3szchk and then prompts you to start migration monitor

- step to your normal installation directory (c:\program files\sapinst_instdir....), open export_monitor_cmd.properties and adapt the file. The import thing is, that you need to point to YOUR DDL<DB>.TPL file you create in step 4 (in my list here)

- start export_monitor.cmd and export the system

- proceed with TDMS to adapt the database sizes (DBSIZE.XML)

Import:

- if you have an already installed system uninstall it

- start sapinst normally, choose system copy and point to the export you created

- install the system normally (as a new installation)

- if you want to make sure the import works as the export choose "start migration monitor manually"

- if sapinst stops and requests you to start migration monitor copy the kernel from source system to target system

- configure import_monitor_cmd.properties and start migmon

- logon in client 000, start transaction STMS and create a domain (basically only a transport profile will be created)

- start program BTCTRNS1 (this will suspend all jobs from the source system but not delete them)

- copy the files from the client copy to TRANSDIR/cofiles and TRANSDIR/data and import them to client 000 (either use STMS or use command line tp)

- adapt profile parameters (RZ10)

- run SGEN

- invalidate connections in SM59 that point to other production systems

- finished

- to re-enable all the jobs run BTCTRNS2, however, I'd do this only if you're sure you have invalidated RFCs and or sending jobs (e. g. from SCOT)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Your Guide is great thanks a lot.

Best wishes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've create the "receiver system" with shell creation. It's necessary to execute the next step ?

Perform a client copy (client export, import) from the sender to the shell system on the reference client (client 000). Because a remote client copy into client 000 is not possible, use transaction SCC8 to export the client. Use client copy profile SAP_ALL. When the export is completed, import the client copy transports to client 000 in the shell system (transaction STMS).

Regards

Francesc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Copying reference client (000) from source to target system is a necessary and elementary for building a stable system.

Thanks

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the good instruction to create a shell system. Im now at the point "Copy Client 000" to the shell system.

My source system is dmsapides and sysid e60. My target is dmsaptdms and sysid TDS.

I did the export of the client 000 in sys E60 to target TDS with scc8 and get

the cofiles:

KT00006.E60

KX00006.E60

and data files:

RT00006.E60

RX00006.E60

in the folder E:\usr\sap\trans\data and E:\usr\sap\trans\cofile in my source system. Now what are the next steps? I already copied the files in the targetsystem in the transfolder and started stms. But there are no trans. orders in my queue.

I also tried to do the import with remote client copy (scc9) but there ist the problem, that client 000 is protected in my target system (although i did scc4 and configured client role to "test" and Protection level "0"). Please help.

Thanks

Edited by: Andreas Kunz on Sep 23, 2009 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

In STMS Import queue: If you are not able to see the Transports, please add it (Extras->Other Requests->Add) Once done select any Transport and run the import, the second one will be selected automatically.

If you are facing problems in STMS. Please import the 2 transports at OS level using tp addtobuffer and tp import commands.

Once done run SCC7 and SGEN. Thats it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bidwan, thank you for your useful answer. That was it. I added the two packages at os level with addtobuffer:

Tp pf=C:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_TDS.PFL addtobuffer u201CE60KT00006u201C TDS client=000 u18

and startet the import with this command:

Tp pf=C:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_TDS.PFL import u201CE60KT00006u201C TDS client=000 u18

I started the import yesterday. And the command window shows after this command:

"This is tp version xxxx"

"This is R3trans.exe version xxx"

"unicode enabled version"

How long does the import of client 000 normaly (more or less 10 GB size) take? and how do i know when the import was successful? Is there any useful logfile where i can look for the actual import status?

-

I found the logfile in \usr\sap\trans\tmp and client Import needed 28 hours

Edited by: Andreas Kunz on Sep 24, 2009 10:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful guide... It was really helpful. I am totally new to TDMS but just by using your steps i was able to successfully export my source.

Now i am at the stage where TDMS reads the export folder. I am getting the error, here is what i have done so far.

Took export using migration monitor. All processes completed find and the export finished successfully without any errors. When in the TDMS step Maintain Export directory, i give the UNC path

ausr3sbddc00\tdms_export or
ausr3sbddc00\tdms_export\ABAP(i tried both).

When i execute the next step Load Table Size, it ends in error. the error is

Activity 'Load Table Size' started on 15.10.2010 at 08:33:23 by user TDMS_ADMIN

Specified directory does not contain the required files.

Activity 'Load Table Size' was completed on 15.10.2010 at 08:33:24 with status ERR

Any suggestions.

~Yogesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>
ausr3sbddc00\tdms_export or
ausr3sbddc00\tdms_export\ABAP(i tried both).

>

> When i execute the next step Load Table Size, it ends in error. the error is

>

> Activity 'Load Table Size' started on 15.10.2010 at 08:33:23 by user TDMS_ADMIN

> Specified directory does not contain the required files.

> Activity 'Load Table Size' was completed on 15.10.2010 at 08:33:24 with status ERR

The problem may be, that the .EXT files are not found.

Check your installation directory and copy all the .EXT files to ABAP\DB\<yourdatabase>, then repeat that step.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN friends:

Mr. Markus Doehr wrote;

- when you are at the point to start the system copy start sapinst, choose system copy and select start migration monitor manually (VERY important!)

- sapinst will run R3ldctl, R3szchk and then prompts you to start migration monitor

I am using an MW04s SR2 sapinst to do DB-independent export, in the entire roadmap called "parameter input", I do not see

above mentioned button "start migration monitor manually".

Do you know the reason? In which road map should I select that?

Many thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the newest CD/DVD available, if you export an ERP use at least the SR3 version.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus:

Thank you.

Do I have to check the check box "database specific tool " in order to make "start migration monitor" check box show up?

I want to use DB-independent, i.e. sapinst. Actually I think this is the ONLY choice, right?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. The source is a dual stack nw04s. Is this the reason? Because I remember I saw it when doing an ABAP stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to choose database independent method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN friends;

Can we do this without using migration monitor at all?

Thanks a lot!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do I have to check the check box "database specific tool " in order to make "start migration monitor" check box show up

> P.S. The source is a dual stack nw04s. Is this the reason? Because I remember I saw it when doing an ABAP stack.

Yes, that is the case. This can't be done in a dual stack system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an ABAP only NW04s, can SHELL creation be done WIThOUT using migration monitor?

Thanks!

Answers (0)