cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check at Multiple Plants for the Sales Order line Item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two plants, Plant A and Plant B, Plant A is used for External Procurement and Plant B is used for Internal Production. We have created Separate Plants because of the difference in the physical existence.

When we create sales order for a line item we want to check the stock situation for a material in both the plants and then commit to the customer.

Currently we can check at multiple plants, but only commit from one plant. and then re enter the item again in the sales order for the alternative check. but we have lots of orders comming through EDI. where manual intervention is not possible.

My client wants is for ex if a customer orders 500 qty of a material and if 200Qty is available in Plant A and 300 is available in Plant B, then the system should check the stock in both the plants and then automatically enter two line items, one for plant A for 200 Qty and one for plant B for 300 Qty.

I saw there is a user exit USEREXIT_PLANT_SELECTION available for Multiple Plant selection, But i have never used this. did any one of u have ever used this ?? or do you know that this would work in exactly the same way as expected ??

Your Reply is much appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know about the userexit which you are referring about

But this is not available in R3 The system makes a Availability Check only in the plant which has got determined in the item details shipping tab and stops there

The same is available in APO

If there are 2 plants say 1000 and 2000

In sales order the plant determined is 1000 and there is no stock

In R3 system stops there

But in APO system checks the plant 2000 and if stocks are available it creates an STO in the background automatically from 2000 to 1000 if configured accordingly

Even if the material is maintained in 10 plants the system will make a Availability Check at all 10 plants and act accordingly

Regards

Raja