cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration end-to-end monitoring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have anyone used or know if there is an API for the end-to-end monitoring functionality in SAP PI (7.0 or higher) which can be used from the outside/for non-SAP components/systems/applications to log information and be part of the end-to-end monitoring in RWB?

What is the roadmap for SAP PI in the end-to-end monitoring area related to non-SAP components?

Regards,

Markus Johansson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mean to monitor Non-SAP systems, take a look to SAP CCMS, it can read log files from non-SAP systems looking for matching words like "error", "exception", etc..

Some information about this is available in help.sap.com, search for CCMS for Non-SAP applications, monitoring Log files, etc.

Let me know if this was helpful, otherwise please explain in more detail what are you looking for.

Regards,

Gerardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerardo,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this was not really what I was looking for. I am looking for an API/Service that external systems, integrationplatforms etc can use to log information. I then want to use this information for "correlation into a global transaction" spanning several systems, integration platforms etc so that I can monitor an end-to-end process in one tool even it the process touches several platforms etc, perhaps not linked to SAP NetWeaver PI directly (e.g. SAP ERP->SAP NetWeaver PI->MS Biztalk->Legacy system->IBM MQ->Java Application). In an ideal case I would like to see that I can link this information to an end-to-end business process modelled in e.g. IDS Scheer Aris.

Perhaps you are right that building a CCMS agent as the "API/service" and then use this information somehow in SAP NetWeaver PI end-to-end monotoring or SAP Solution Manager Business Process Monitoring is perhaps the only way today. Right now I am looking at which options on a "high level" SAP can provide in this area.

I hope that explains better what I am looking for.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Markus:

No such APIs can be used by external application as far as I know.

For integration engine,you can get the trace information from moni tool,

and for the adapter engine, you can use logviewer to look at the trace file for J2EE engine, from there you can check the healthyness of the Java Stack.

For Non-SAP application system, you can specify on sender side request acknowlegement, this way, from the acknowledgement message, at least you can say if the non-SAP system has received the message at transport level.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Liang,

Thanks for your answer.

I will continue looking and see if a I find another way of doing this instead.

Regards,

Markus