cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Filename in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to bring in the senderu2019s file name into the mapping with the help of several posts in the forum. But all my mappings are inside the BPM and so the file name in dynamic config is lost when it comes into the BPM. Do I need to store it in a container variable and bring it till the end or is there an alternative way?

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lets say your target has a field called filename

1. before entering BPM, a mapping will store the file name to the field

if your source structure for eg. is

Message_Source

<Data>
<a>
<b>

</Data>

then you can have an extra node created to accommodate the file name

message_source_with_filename

<Data>
<a>
<b>

</Data>
<Filename>XXX</Filename>

so the mapping will be 1:1

Message_Source -> message_source_with_filename

so now you have the file name as part of your XML.

2. In case you need this file name to be used in the ASMA of the receiver adapter then after the BPM you will need to have one more mapping which will take the value from this field and the pass it to dynamic configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the amazing suggestion. It works fine except for one catch. I use a FOR Each to split the final output (Idocs in my case) and I can see the filename in the first instance but not in the subsequent splits. What could I be missing?

Teresa

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use oneasmany function to replicate the file name in the multiple messages

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

teresa,

for each mode is not used to split...

for splitting you will have to wrtie a MM and then specify the same in a transformation step..

here the MM would be between your source message to message that is 0..unbounded

after this transformation step where u do the splitting is over , use a block in FOR each mode and inside that use a send step to send idocs for each message generated from transformation step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks It solved the issue and thanks for the many help.

Teresa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Teresa,

There is a solution to this.

1. Before your first receive step , a RD and ID is called there you can specify a interface mapping..

where the source would be the Source DT and target DT would be the same but with extra node filename which can be populated using dynamic configuration.

pl note that the above mapping will be called before the 1st receive step ...in the 1st ID

Hope this helps