cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Creation (Selection date on VL01N)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a delivery for an Order. Procedure followed is,

Goto T-code VA02. Enter order Number, press enter

Goto menu Sales order ==> Deliver. This calles the T-code VL01N.

My question is, I am expecting the requested delivery date from order to be copied to the selection date of T-code VL01N,

But I am not getting it, always the Current system date is copied to the selection date.

Please suggest me how to copy the requested delivery date to the selection date of t-code VL01N.

Cinfig/Programming?

Best Regards,

Mohammed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Standard SAP does not have this functionality.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally,system date gets copied as the "Selection date" in the Create Delivery(VL01N) screen by default which you can change.

You require that the "Requested Delivery date" to be copied as "Selection date" , but what is the purpose of it ? I think ,it will not be helpful to you.

You need to understand clearly what is "Requested Delivery date", "Confirm Delivery date" and "Selection date".

"Delivery date" or "Confirm delivery date" is the date on which Customer acknowledges the receipt of goods/Delivery.

"Requested Delivery date" is the date on which Customer wish to receive the goods/Delivery.

It is a Customer's wish ,which we may or may not be able to meet keeping different lead times in consideration.

System does "BACKWARD SCHEDULING" first to check whether the Cutomer's Requested Delivery date can be kept or not (for this you have to understand Delivery scheduling in details which is easy).

If it finds that the "Requested Delivery date" can be kept then it confirms the "Requested Delivery date" as "Confirm delivery date". Here "Requested Delivery date" and "Confirl Delivery date" are same.

If it finds that Requseted Delivery date is not possible to confirm then it goes for "Forward scheduling" and gives a new "Confirm Delivery date". Here "Requested Delivery date" and "Confirm Delivery date" are different.

Now, coming to "Selection date".

Selection date is the date on which Shipping processing begins. It is either the "Material availability date" or the "Transportation Planning date" , whichever is earlier.

That means, Shipping process starts on the "Selection date" and goods reaches the Customer on the "Confirm delivery date".

So, in the "Create delivery" screen (VL01N), in the "Selection date" you need to enter the "Material Availability date" or "Transportation planning date" whichever is earlier (you can enter a later date also but not before date)and you can get those date from the schedule line of the item.

Item details > Schedule line > click on the "Shipping " tab/button below.

Suppose "Material av date " is 20/03/2009 and "Tr palnning date" is on 21/03/2009 in the schedule line then you need to put "Selection date" as 20/03/2009(as it is earlier between the two dates) or some later date also.

Therefore, copying the "Requested Delivery date" as "Selection date" will not be very useful for your Sales process as in the "Selection date" either you should enter the" Material av date" or "Tr planning date" whichever is earlier.

But, if still you require it to happen , then you have to take your ABAPer help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hji,

in Standard it is not avqilble, but with dovelopment of parameter effectivities we can do it. take help from ur abaper

regards,

sk