cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog workprocess it is sufficient?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have totally 300 end users.Can you tell me how many dialog workprocess needed?We have totally 58 dialog workprocess it is sufficient?

Regards,

Rocky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rocky,

According to my experience ,it should not be a problem.58 are more than enough,

are your users facing any performance issues ,if not then leave it.

and moreover SAP has no fixed guideline on this

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our 1 sapserver contain 8 work process.This 8 dialog wp busy with getting the data with table.That time other user not able to login.

What to do?

Regards,

Rockey

Former Member
0 Kudos

why dont you reduce the load on that server by diverting the users to other logon group

check which application servers are generally free and having less load and then divert the users on those servers

Rohit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If one server is busy and the other are not... you need to make the Logong groups work to distribute the load across the system. Read the answer to the other thread.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have confiured the sap logon group using SMLG,But it is not automatically distribute the user to other server.

Regards,

Rockey

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said before, Is not going to be distibuted until you change the configuration of the SAP Logon to use the SAP Logon groups to logon to the system.

As simple as that.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to find out the message server id?

Regards,

Rockey

Former Member
0 Kudos

your CI server hostname

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on hardware you have. Please let us know the number of CPU's you have and then someone can help you.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have 7 cpu.

Reagrds,

Rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

rocky....this should not be an issue at all

dont worry...only thing being are your users facing performance issues

or when you go to SM50 ,can you see enough free dialog work processes,if yes then no issues

If no then you need to look again at the distribution

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would start with 40-45 dialog work processes. Having large number of processes also has adverse effect on the performance.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i can see thats a quite large amount of processes for 300 users.... are those concurrent users or total users?....

Regards

Juan