cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploy DataDictionary?

0 Kudos

Via Netweaver Developer Studio I have deployed a data dictionary in which I have defined a datasource and three tables.

Now, how can I undeploy this dictionary project again? In Visual Admin I cannot find any information about the created data source.

Can anybody tell me where to find information as to how the database actually is created, and how it can be accessed manually?

I'm pretty new to this and thankful for any help.

Regards,

Katrin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use SDM to undeploy packages, but I don't think it's possible to undeploy Datadictionary packages. The package probably doesn't contain an undeploy procedure describing the statements for deleting tables, etc.

0 Kudos

Hi,

That's correct. There is currently no way to undeploy a dictionary DC. Also, if you try to delete a table within your DC in NWDS the table is only marked as deleted.

Regards,

Thorsten

PS If anyone (from SAP) knows anything about the future direction for this I'd be glad to hear about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot undeploy data dictionary from SDM. You have to manually delete the table from SQL studio and deploy data dictionaries again to see the changes.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should mark the table as deleted, build the SDA and deploy it. This should delete the table from the database, although the table name will still be reserved.

The table is only marked for deletion and not actually deleted because that is the way the information that the table should be dropped is transported/deployed.

Best regards,

Marc