cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Netweaver 7.0 with SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70 backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I need to install an SAP Netweaver 7.0 environment for a client who is currently using SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70. However, I couldn't find any document about the compatibility of the two.

Does anybody know if it is possible to connect these versions of Netweaver and R/3?

Could you please tell me where I could get some documentation about it (for example : intallation guide of netweaver with SAP R/3 4.7 or docs about netweaver and R/3 4.7 connectivity) ?

Thank you.

Stan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find installation guides at http://service.sap.com/instguides

BTW, what do you mean by connecting two system?

Thanks,

Manoj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks.

The final need is to be able to create purchase requisitions or purchase orders in the enterprise portal with a simplified user interface for users who are not used to working with SAP and don't have the SAP client installed on their computer.

So they will use their web browser to connect to the portal and create the requisition for example. Then we wan't the data to be stored in the R/3 backend et other users will validate the requisition and deal with the rest of the process.

The second step will be to study the benefits we could get from installing Adobe document services and creating an adobe interactive form to simplify even more the user interface. The users would then fill the data for the purchase order or requisition directly in the form that looks like the form they get when printing.

I saw that we have to install the "R/3Plug-In 2004.1" in the backend to use our SAP 4.7 as a data source for the Portal.

Do you know if there are other steps to perform in the backend before we link it to the portal ?

Thank you

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Do you know if there are other steps to perform in the backend before we link it to the portal ?

You'll have to decide about authentication. If SSO will be needed, I think you will have some configuration to do in the R/3 system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

To make my question more accurate, our final need is to implement an Enterprise Portal connected to our current SAP 4.7 environment. And in a second step we are also thinking about installing Adobe Document Services.

I heard that SAP 4.7 does not contain any standard netweaver capabilities and that we have to develop some specific components in order to connect it to a netweaver environment (wich would not be the case with ECC6 backends). However, I couldn't find any specific documentation about this on any SAP website. So I would like to know the additional work to do that would not be necessary if we had ECC6.

Does anybody have experience in this kind of implementation (Netweaver Enterprise Portal + SAP R/3 4.7) and could give me some inputs or docs about the specificities in this case ?

Thanks a lot

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

It was difficult to guess that Netweaver 7.0 meant Enterprise Portal !

I think that the only "standard" usage you will get will be the possibility to launch webgui transactions with an external ITS (R/3 4.7 does not have the internal ITS).

Once again, you have to decide what you want or need.

The goal is never to connect 2 systems, it is to get some new functionalities to fulfill a user need

Why do you want to install an portal in front of your R/3 4.7 ? Do you intend to develop specific BSP applications ?

In R/3 4.7 there is NO standard web application but all the technical base is here to develop some.

I don't think that you will find standard documentation on EP R/3 connection.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, you can connect a Netweaver 7.0 abap system with an R/3 4.7 system.

But you need to know which kind of connection you need and what for ?

Connections can be RFC, HTTP, web services, ALE, file transfers, etc...

You could also create BSP applications on Netweaver and get the data from R/3 and so on...

As usual, if you don't know what you want, it will be difficult to accomplish....

Regards,

Olivier