cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock not updating after doing MIGO (gr) for third party sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am doing third party sales, after creating PO with PR and updating stock through Migo , i am not able find the stock, but i can see through MB51 only , i am see the stock through MMBE or MB52

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN

In third party sales stock is directly posted to consumption account and hence it doesnt update the MMBE or MB52

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Raja,

What is the solution? if i want to see the stock updation in MMBE or MB52

thanks and regards

V. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Why you want to see that in MMBE. Understand the concept and as per the process stock is not coming to your inventory itself so in what way then it will update.Vendor is having stock the stock and he will deliver directly and no way that stock will come to your company premises. When stock is not there then no chance of getting updated in the inventory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Third party sales can be in 2 ways, one as per you direct supply to the customer and at my client place they want stock to come to their place and then it will be moved to the customer, here the stock should be updated and once the delivery is done again the stock should get reduce.

Thanks and regards

Veeresh Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patil Sahebre,

That process is called as Individual Purchase Order. That process you can see that inventory get updated in MMBE.But for that item category you should use is TAB.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friend

Hope you are clear about third party process

In third party process vndor supplies the goods directly to customer and the goods does not come to our premises at all

In many of the scenarios that i have seen there is no MIGO itself done

To have MIGO is purely optional in third party

I am enclosing here with the threads which were discussed on the same

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: MIGO- why we do it in third party sales?

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Why MIGO is required in thirdparty scenarion?

The stock updation after MIGO is posted directly to consumption account and we dont keep the stock

So it is not seen in MMBE or MB52 (which is a physical inventory orstock report)

The stock is not there? How can you see that ?

If still you want to see the stocks this is entirely against business logics and consult with your MM and FI colleagues (as this query is their area of operation)

If the third party process is happening with item category TAB then stock updation will take place after MIGO and you can see the same in MMBE/MB52

If not happening means there is some customization error with the PO from MM side Check with MM colleague

Make sure if the item category is TAB then schedule line category is CB

In VOV6 for schedulle line category CB

NB is the order type

0 is the item category

E is the account assignment category

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for the answer. I will check on the solution given by you

Regards

Veeresh Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Raja

Thanks , problem is solved

Regards

V. Patil

Thanks to sunil and sukruthi also

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeressh,

If your business process involves getting stocks from vendor to your clients place and from their sending them to your end customer. Then you receive the goods at your premises using a GRN Goods receipt and then sell the goods to the customer. or you can do an initial posting using 561 against the sales order which you have asked the vendor to send the stocks as per customers requirement and then do the delivery respectively.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sukruthi,

Thanks for the advice, but actually i have to post the stock against the PO , and even i will check with the client

Regards

Veeresh Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

In Thrid party sales as the delivery is done through the Vendor directly to the end customer so the inventory will not get updated here.The GR also is a Logical GR so no question of updating the inventory.