cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify source directory in File sender adpate using (NFS)?

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am doing File-PI-Proxy scenario.

Input file is available on machine which is within the Network area and FTP is not available on that machine.

For this reason I am using the NFS Transport Protocol.

In ID File sender I have specified Source Directory:-
IP Address\Directory

I am geeting the Error in RWB as 'Configured source directory '
IP Address\Directory' does not exist'.

Please suggest how to specify the Source Directory path.

Regards,

Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

note NFS is used to access file on the XI server itself and not on any file system in the network

For accessing files on a local workstation try installing a FTP server and testing -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can give path of ur local XI server machine if u want to give Transport protocol as NFS. It just refers to OS level path of the directories. Usually FTP is more suitable option in case of File Adapter since rarely we store files on local XI systems.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use NFS protocol, then the file needs to be within the a folder in the XI server and not outside it, In your case if you need to use the file in a different machine which is on a network then try to use the FTP protocol.

Refer this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang which shows the details of how you can install a local FTP and use it

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Mar 18, 2009 10:43 AM