cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No default value for Location (Plant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can we set the default value of Location (Plant) dropdown on the web gui to blank?

We have checked the org structure and no default values were assigned.

The web by default displays the first location (plant) maintained in the org structure.

I have tried implementing BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY BAdI, GET_LOCATION and tried to set EV_DEFAULT parameter to blank.

We are using SRM5.0.

Regards,

Kezia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have tabs Home , Help, Settings, Logoff in Main widow

please do fallowing settings in Seetings section

Attribute->select plant->Select system->you will get list of Plants maintained in that company code

Select plant which you want Default.

Now check in Shopping Cart

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Can we have a blank default value for Plant field?

And can we have this done for all users? not just for a specific user?

Many thanks,

Kezia

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hi Kezia

In extended attribute - Location

How many entries of plant do you have?

for your favorite only give us default .

remaining hope you manot flagged as default. let us know what is the sxisting setting for other plants.

I think you may have LAG attribute .if you want to use for only one user ..did you try this ? i think this attribute is old version of srm.

if your in new version try via attribute manintenance palnt (PM_SWERK) or PM plant for component PM_work for that particular user.

you may get it

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

There are only three plants in my favourites. Nothing was tagged as default.

Upon checking on the web gui (Shopping Cart) the default location (plant) is the last entry on the list of my favourites.

The requirement is to have no default value on location (plant) when you access the Shopping Cart web gui. And would like to have this on all users that's why we implemented BBP_F4_READ_ON BAdI however it is not overwriting the default of the standard.

Many thanks,

Kezia

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keiza,

I think your last plant comes as default since your extended attribute as last plant as plant.

i think it is standard since sc needs badly a plant data to create a SC.

I think you are exceeding the standard by BADI but it is not working.

correct me if i were wrong.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes, it seems that implementing the BAdI does not suffice the requirement. It did not work.

We have decided to just stick with the standard behavior of defaulting values for location (plant).

Thanks a lot!

Kezia

Answers (0)