Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Analysis Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need one clarification -

Is it really required to have a revenue in project to run the RA Key.

If i have a actual cost and i want split it into to components (one is 80% and other is 20%).

Then is it possible to achieve using the RA Key?

What i heard about RA is that it hits the controlling and accounting at the period end i.e. Month end and then during the next month appear automatically on the PS object i.e. WBS without doing anything. Is it true?

Waiting for help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to run the settlement to reflect the same in PS objects (WBS or AUC).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AP,

Can you please brief me about the process you understood.

My main requirement is to run the RA without revenue. I want the actual cost at that point during month end to sit at the FI and CO after the RA Run and settlement (This cost should go under two heads - one is capitalise cost and other is cost which i dont want to capitalise)

Then during the next month start i.e. 1st of next month, i want this cost as a one cost on the same WBS element.

Is it possible. If yes. Request to brief me about the configuration steps and the execution way of this.

Desperately waiting for reply as need to sorted this issue ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

no problem if u have not any revenues then actual cost should flow and losses is shown in Result Analysis.

RA key should assign to WBS element.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHelp_46c/helpdata/EN/3d/72369adc56d11195100060b03c6b76/frameset.htm

Go to link this will give u steps of RA Config.

Sukhveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhaveer,

Thanks.

I am not finding any way by using the link.

Can you please briefly explain me the configuration required and the settings.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You should go to link >project system>revenues and earnings>automatic and perodic allocation>result analysis.

1. You should maintain result analysis cost element.

2. Result analysis key.

3. Version

4.Valuation method.(as revenue based,POC based)

5. Maintain Line ID .

6. Assign Line IDs to RA cost elements.

By following this link and path you can understand the process.

You should take help of your CO consultant for doing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sukhaveer,

I have done the configuration and now i am able to run the RA and it is treating whole cost avilable at my WBS as an WIP.

Now do i need to carry the settlement? What sort of settlement receiver i need to give to this WBS?

As you know i want the cost i.e. WIP after RA to get settled in two diffeternt components i.e. 80 % to be capitalised and 20 % not to be capitalised at the month end and on the next month the same cost as a 100% should again get appear as a actual cost for my WBS element.

Can you guide me on the way ahead?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You should configure settlement peofile and here Allocation structure in in.And PA transfer structure defines where you wnt to settle.And for distribution of settlement amount you have to define source structure and distribution rule in settlement parameter.

Here you can define the percentage of amount that you want to settle.

Only the result analysis data is avilable to settle.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHelp_46c/helpdata/EN/3d/72369adc56d11195100060b03c6b76/frameset.htm

Follow the link.

PS>cost>automatic and periodic posting>settlement.

Sukhveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more question i have before going to settlement is that i have a actual cost of 100 at my WBS element. If you see the configuration for RA, then there is one configuration node for the Define Posting rule for settlement to accounting. In this node there are two G/L Accounts mentioned for the P&L and Balance sheet resp. Now this configuration is also in place at my end.

When i am running the result analysis, the whole figure of 100 is getting reflected in the RA report as a WIP as i dont have any revenue in my project.

But my current requirement is that i want this 100 to be splitted to an amount i.e. 80:20 (This is very dynamic and is changing ) and should be reflected seperately in the above two G/L accounts seperately (Can you help me on how to view the cost report for G/L account).

Is this possible? Request you to share your views on this?

Thanks in advance

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for cost splitting go to OKG5 and use the cap column accordingly for the line ID's linked to the respective cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I checked this but this is not working at my end. Can you please brief me the significance of this setting to my scenario mentioned.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We generally use Ra key S0001 method 14 RRB (resource related billing).

Normally when you have costs in progress(not yet invoiced), the system calculate a wip at the

end of the fiscal period (KKAJ).

I you make an invoice for this costs at the next period, the system must cancel the previous wip

and put the costs in the status COS ( cost of sales ).

Since we migrate from 4.5b to ECC6 we have big problems because invoices don't cancel the wip

anymore.

Can you help us?

Answers (0)