cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

how to debug the code in webdynpro java application in nwds please tell the procedure

waiting for your reponses.....

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is NWDS version (CE 7.1 or CE 7.1 EHP1)?

1. Open the NWA administrator.

2. Go to System

3.Select Start and Stop

3.select the server 0 and enable the Debugging

4. Now come to your NWDS select the Debug symbol (at top of toolbar)

5.provide the dc (automatically detect the application )

6. select the Debug button

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiSatish,

Thanks for your reply and our version is 7.0.13

Thanks&Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this article Shilpa.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e071bba3-6e8c-2b10-aa9a-81123eec...

You will get the understanding of how to deploy. The procedure is explained in CE 7.1 with some new features like context debugging. I think the basic steps will be same in any version.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gayathri.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In 7.0 I don't think so.

Ok r u able to see window prefwebdynpro --on click on new New_configuration ??

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shilpa

This is the limitation in webdypro java NWDS, you can not debug the code, synax error it shows but for code logic you have to verify manually by printing the desire output line by line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but, there is debugging option in NWDS so how can we use it.

Regards,

Shilpa.N

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

This is totally wrong. You can debug the JAVA webdynpro applications. Please see this:

Please check you mentioned the correct server and instance name. As you are saying that all you applications are running fine therefore I think you would have mentioned all the required parameters correctly.

After checking all these things, follow the steps below:-

1) From the menu in NWDS -> Click on the Debug symbol. Select "Open Debug Dialoug".

2) Right click on the "Remote Java Application" and select New.

3) Click on the Source tab. Check whether you application is included under the Defualt folder. Only those projects will be debugged which are under this folder.

4) If you application is not there. Click on Add-> Java Project -> Select your Project - > OK. Doing this will add your project in debug instance.

5) Go to Connect tab. Mention the Host name (Same as server name you have mentioned under Window --> Preferences --> SAP AS Java ) AND the Message server port. Please note that this server port is diffrent from the http port.

6) Just click on Debug.

I hope after all these steps debug should work. If not please revert back.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh