cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please help me with the following queries.

1) How schedule lines get confirmed in case of 3rd party order? Meaning, in case of a 3rd party order how does system arrive at the confirmed delivery date? Is it based only on the lead time specified in material master or is anything else influencing this? Provided Lead time in Material master is 0 days, would system confirm the same Req.Del Date as confirmed Del date?? I want to know this with ref to 3rd party order and not Individual Purchaser order scenario.

2) How schedule lines get confirmed and how the confirmed del dates are calculated in case of Inter/Intra company scenarios

3) What is the relevance of payment terms specified at company code level when we already specify it at sales area level? In which financial transactions is this data given at company code level used?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

1. First thing in third party process you don't do delivery, delivery is don by third party and you do only billing process. Schedule line category used is "CS".

b. In normal process when you are using MTO or MTS the confirmation parameters depends upon the procurement type. E - inhouse, F - External procurement , X - both inhouse and external procurement.

c. If inhouse confirmation of delivery date depends on In - house production time and GR Processing time.

d. If external planned delivery time and goods receipt processing time comes under consideration.

2. Its normal, the stock for the material must be there. (availability check) Then we can proceed with Inter compnay and Intra company process.

3. Payment terms at Sales level:

You define cash discount rates and corresponding discount amount in pricing in sales.

You specify it at customer master record. Again Item Category plays a vital role and the terms can differ at hedaer and item level. You can agree on terms of payment with customer in SD module for each sales area.

Payment terms at FI lebel:

Cash discount periods, cash discount rate and due dat for net payments at invoice level are maintained at FI Payment terms level.

Note: The payment terms that you specify in sales module can be overwritten at invoice level by FI module payment terms. So FI and SD Should sit together and try to maintain the payment terms. This is one of the major integrations for FI and SD.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sathya,

Thanks for your inputs. Payment terms at company code level is for the asset sale process. This is the information, I got from other sources. anyhow thanks for your inputs and time

Former Member

I am trying to give points but the radio buttons are not appearing