Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI using Seeburger BIC

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the BIC module provided by Seeburger for EDI to XML conversion. The input EDI message is a 850 version 4010 message. I have configured the sender communication channel for Functional Acknowledgement and configured the message splitter which is working fine.

When I run this scenario for a few of the test files with a 850 4010 message, the classifier module does not recognise the EDI message as a 850 4010 message and hence the mapping(See_E2X_ANSIX12_850_V4010) is not called. There are no errors in the sender communication channel monitoring and I get only the functional acknowledgement message.

There is a warning message in the CC monitoring which says SEEBURGER/MSGSPLITTER: There is no attachment to split. So there is nothing to do

Am is missing anything here? If so could you please throw some light on this issue.

I have seen this thread , but could not get much info.

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using a Classifier -> BIC -> MessageSplitter module chain ? Have you set the split parameter of the BIC module to true ?

If so, you should find the functionalacknowledgement being created by the bic module which will probably show a status "R" (=rejected). That means that the mapping of the edi message failed - the mapping error can be found in the attached bic log (if that is configured) or in the bic logs located on disk !

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I have configured the message splitter in the seeburger work bench and the split parameter has been set to true in the module configuration. As per my understanding, the 997 message will have a rejected status only if the EDI mapping is called, but this apparently never happens and my guess is that the 850 4010 message is not recognised by the classifier.

The setting works perfectly with one of my test files which is a 850 message as well, so the configuration is right. The situation described in my query occurs for a few 850 messages, since the test data is obtained from several partner systems.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another reason for the rejected status might be that the actual mapping can not be found !

Please note: the bic module with the parameter mappingName=AUTO will call a "Main mapping" which will call a child mapping for each contained EDI message (UNH). Please check the status.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not rejected status in my message. The mapping which has to be called is See_E2X_ANSIX12_850_V4010 and this mapping is deployed correctly.

Thanks,

Chandra

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

Did you check the EDI file has a new line at the end of the file? Check that and if not there then move the cursor to the end of the file and press enter button(to make a new line) and save. Use the new file it will work.

Also the file won't has more than one line space.

Regards,

JP.

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Can any one send me documents regarding Seeburger BIS.I am working on Seeburger BIS .can you tell how to design the workflow in Seeburger BIS and how to the mapping.

Regards,

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show us the biclog which should have been generated (and attached to the xi message if configured) ?

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The input file has a CRLF at the end of each segment and this is causing the problem, if I manually remove this, the edi message processing is successful.

I have seen the option to ignore this in the bic mapper which is setIgnoreCRLF("on") but I think this works only for a CRLF at the end of the file and not for the ones at the end of each segment. I might be wrong on this assumption.

Any pointers on this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying the CRLF is a segment delimiter in your case ?

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, CRLF is not the segment delimiter, the CRLF appears after a valid delimiter in the EDI message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you need to do the setIgnoreCRLF on the child mapping - have you checked this ? I guess you are currently setting the option on the main mapping (e.g. See_Edifact) only !?

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its seems to be set for all the child mappings which are being called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check for available updates of the BIC module - if that does not solve the problem you'll need to contact support.