cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with leading space in a IDOC field value. Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a XI scenario where I am sending ORDERS05 IDOC from SAP system to BizTalk via XI.

IDOC -> XI-> BizTalk

In ORDERS05 IDOC, there is a field named ABRVW under segment E1EDP01.

The problem is that, in the source SAP (Sender) if the user enters " X" (value with leading space) as the value for the field ABRVW and triggers/sends the IDOC then in XI the same field value is "X". In other words, the leading spaces are gone when IDOC reaches XI. I don't have any message mapping also. There is no conversion exit for ABRVW also.

So how this might be happening? How can I get the same value with leading space in XI? What I have to do so that it retains the value as entered in SAP system?

Kindly help!

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

How you can be sure that the white space is gone on reaching Xi.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You could define a mapping and add the leading space yourself to the field, XML preserves all whitespaces. Probably the problem is with the IDoc adapter which converts your IDoc to XML, check the settings & module configurations if you can find anything to change this behavior:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Payload window in MONI will not show spaces as it gives a browser view

open your payload in MONI, right click-->view source

This will open payload in notepad file, check the field value if it is coming with space