Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Cancellation Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

Please find my scenario as created below

Sales Order --> Outbound Delivery with PGI --> Billing (posted) --> Return Order --> Inbound Delivery with PGR --> Credit Memo (posted)

My question is why it is still possible to cancel Billing even after I have created and posted Credit Memo? There should be a control or something?

Please advise. Thanks!

Regards,

LEE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP does not have control/check on invoice to verify the subsequent documents or processed documents. To avoid this kind of situvation you need to incorporate 2 lines coding in routine.

The standard routine is 005 is assigned between S1 to F1 and S1 to F2 at header level. You need to incorporate 2 lines to check successfully processed invoices and which subsequent documents should not be cancelled. this routine should be customized in VOFM. You need to copy the existing logic in 005 and incorporate your own logic and save as 999 and assign to copy control level.

When try to cancel the invoice, system will not allow. If require you can incorporate message class also.

Thanks & regards

Ugamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeow,

In your billing document at the header level, in header tab --> General information is the 'Cancelled' switch on ???

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnan,

Yes the 'Cancelled' is switched on...that's because the invoice has been cancelled.

Generally i'm able to cancel and invoice and re-do a new one provided there are no subsequent documents created for example return order & credit memo. But i want the system to stop me from cancelling an invoice after a credit note is created and posted for security purposes.

Is that possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let us know that have you created return order with ref to billing document or not and check the document flow of the billing document which is updated or not

regards

vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vardhan,

Yes i've created a return order reference from the billing document and the document flow is updated.

Regards,

LEE

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I have also tested this scenario till generating credit note and again cancel the origin billing document. System is allowing to cancel the billing document despite there is a subsequent document.

Hence, in order to control this, you can try with the following billing user exit

- USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMKCV (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ)

where you can add a logic such that in VBFA table, for any billing document, if there is a subsequent document, one should not cancel the billing document in VF11.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi