cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing multiple variable values through Start Pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a company code variable in my BI query, at initial run of the VC model i want to exclude multiple company codes through start pointer, how can i write exclude condition for multiple values through company code variable field value input in start pointer, I don't want to change my BI query.

please help me on this

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This document will be usefull for you:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/07134c67-0b01-0010-0493-b89287cf...

You should build string with following syntax and pass it to the start point:

:[Value(End - optional)]:Operator:I (Includes) or E (Excludes)

Available Operators:

· EQ u2013 Equal to

· GE u2013 Greater than or equal to

· GT u2013 Greater than

· LE u2013 Less than or equal to

· LT u2013 Less than

· BT u2013 Between

For more help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/4fc09c78ef4e35e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Good luck,

Ola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not really understand your demand, but one thingyou can try if you want to exclude some values is to use the "filter" operators.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I am able to use the filters(variables) using form view to restrict the values after the vc model deployment(execution).

My requirement is to exclude or include multiple values in the initial run with the help of default values.

It means when the user executes the model the result output should after excluding the few values.

as for as i know this would be the syntax for excluding the multiple values. but it is not working fine.

syntax: Value1::EQ:E;Value2::EQ:E.

do I need to do anything extra apart from the above given syntax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure that I understand your question...

Do u want to know how to pass default values to BI query? Just put this values in connection between start point and BI query.

If u need this values to be passed to the model as parameters - use input parameters on start point.

Ola