cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI - CMS configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure NWDI and facing problem while configuring CMS.

For CMS configuration we need to Check-In SAP-JEE.sca, SAP_BUILDT.sca, SAP_JTECHS.sca files.

I downloaded these files from marketplace which are downloaded in .zip format.

I am unable to find out.sca files in corresponding components so that it can be placed in CMS Inbox.

Please help

Mandeep Virk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help from this [thread|]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

These .sca files should be defined to your software component as dependencies (i.e., Usage Dependencies) in SLD.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra.

Thanks for reply.

While defining Software Component, I created a Build Time Dependency on these components and chosen SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS components.

While defining a Track under Domain in CMS (Landscape Configuration) i am not getting these dependent components under my SC.

So after adding SC to my track, i again Defined Dependencies on my SC. Now i can see these components under my SC but gives warning that "SC Dependencies are different but accepted by synchronization" and status of SC is yellow.

Please suggest.

Mandeep Virk

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Had you tried to click on 'Update CMS' of the 'Domain Data' tab. This is required to download the information whenever you create a new Software Component.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now dependencies are being reflected in SC under track after Update CMS.

For CMS configuration we need to check in these dependent components in DEVELOPMENT Tab of Transport Studio via CHECK-IN Tab.

I put these components in /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/Inbox folder in file structure. The components are not reflecting in Check-In Tab. From check in tab these components are to be checked in and from development tab we import checked-in components.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Mandeep Virk

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Had you defined the path "/usr/sap/JTrans" in Landscape Configurator's 'Domain Data' tab.....

Regards,

Narendra.

Edited by: Narendra on Mar 18, 2009 6:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i had.

It Transport Directory under Domain Data Tab path given is /usr/sap/JTrans (My server is on AIX)

I also tried it changing to /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/inbox but still i am not able to see any component.

My doubt is whether i put in correct .sca files.

As i mentioned in my question, i downloaded required .sca files from marketplace which are in .zip format.

Upon extraction no .sca file is found. So i renamed .zip file to .sca file and put under INBOX in above mentioned path.

Mandeep Virk

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Had you copied the files from the directory where the archives (SAP_BUILDT.sca, SAP_JTECHS.sca, and SAPJEE.sca) are located \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\CMS_CBS\plugins to the relevant Transport Directory \usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\inbox.....

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to get any files under specified path.

To me it shows.

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\CMS_CBS\cleanup

in clean up there is no .sca file.

Is there any other alternative.

Mandeep Virk

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mandeep,

Try to import the .zip file you downloaded into the SLD.(i.e in Administration -> Content Import).

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Thanks for reply.

I imported these downloaded .zip files in SLD as specified by you.

Now please tell me where to find these imported files on server.

Mandeep Virk

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mandeep,

Is that now, are you able to find add these as Usage Dependencies to your software component.

Narendra...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Thanks for help.

I have configured NWDI and is working fine.

Problem is with, when i put .sca files under /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/inbox path on server due to no full authorizations files are not being read by CMS inbox.

By assigning full control to that directory, .sca files gets displayed in Check-In tab and rest i did as per configuration steps.

Mandeep Virk