Scenario Execution in Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

i have two scenarios

1) JDBC1--> XI --> RFC1

2) JDBC1--> XI --> RFC2

RFC business logic of both uses both creating document based on Movement Type

My concern is both RFC1 and RFC2 should not work in same time there should be some time gap for both so locks wont happen while bacth characteristics updation , where in two RFC uses.

How to make sure that RFC1 executes first and next RFC2 ????

Here i have configured first scenario tested and all fine , now suggest any idea without using BPM for the above requirement.

rgds

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You can put some enough Delay in the mapping of JDBC1-Xi-RFC2 which is sufficient to make sure that RFC1 get executed first mean while RFC2 scenario will keep waiting .

Thanks

Sunil Singh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat..

This seems simple..

Create a ZRFC as a wrapper and inside that embed both RFC1 and RFC2.....

inside ZRFC u can chk whether RFC1 has executed completely then only go for RFC2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

RFC1 is running with lot of validations and data is bulk here so we donot want merge both and make the time elapsed more , because for batch characteristics updation we give some time gap

keeping rfc1 and 2 seperate any ideas ??

rgds

srini

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can give a time gap even if you combine the 2 RFCS..

however i will give u a solution without combining the 2 RFCs and without BPM :

1. in RFC1 at the end of the code update a flag in a ZTABLE

2. when RFC2 executes it will first chk that flag in the ztable ...if it is 'Y' means RFC1 has executed OK...then you can go ahead with code of rfc2 else put your RFC2 in error or send a response back whatever ..

Also dont forget to reset the flag to 'N' once logic in RFC2 is done

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Did this solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Need not throw error back based on RFC2.

RFC1 and RFC2 should be independent from outside.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion - modify your scenario from JDBC - RFC to JDBC - Proxy.......in the ABAP proxy code, you can first call your RFC1 and then RFC2 and in this way you will call your RFCs in this sequence only and your RFCs will be executed in this sequence only.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem is not to change the scenario

Can i achive bt event control

Scenario 1 first execute next scenario2

if i use BPM also , i tried now just using fork in which i can use only one Syn/asyn brige ?

i need two of these scenarios to be in Syn mode

any ideas

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go for proxy approach which i said above, then you do not need a BPM for your scenario.......you want that your RFCs should be executed independently and in sequence.........so in your ABAP proxy code, first execute your RFC1 and take its response and then execute RFC2 and take its response, then you can add both the responses in a single response msg and send it back to to JDBC database system........in the ABAP proxy code, you can also do the logging of the RFC calls and log the RFC responses returned by RFCs in your R/3 system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for u replies

Scenario1 has been freezed after testing and we are in our final stage of our project, Second scenario is in plan B , so i donot want to merge , so it would be better if it is seperate scenario and executed seperate in sequence after Scenario1

Any views

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any views r a hint to catch up.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hmmmmmm.........so i suggest a workaround for this thing...........have two sender JDBC comm channels.........configure your second scenario for JDBC - RFC.............then in RWB in comm channel monitoring in Avaliabity Time Planning, you can schedule your JDBC comm channels and have a time gap between them.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat,

in my suggestion to update the flag in Ztable...both thr RFC1 and RFC2 wud be independent

can you let me know the problem in this approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well last question i hope

CC_JDBC_Adapter1 ---> created

CC_JDBC_Adapter2 ---> created

This t

two adapter has poll daily contionusly , but only requirement JDBC1 and JDBC2 should have 8 mins gap.

i have selected "Availabilty Time" - Daily

1) JDBC1 --> At(Time) 00:00:00 ?? For Duration --?? 8 Mins

1) JDBC2 --> At(Time) ?? 00:00:00 For Duration --?? 16 Mins

Am i doing right

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

Flag updation is fine , For example while executing RFC2 if flag status is "N" in ZTABLE then it would send back to DB.

Design wise ok , but according to this extra ztable creation , RFC logic change to insert the table.

Moreover updating back if RFC2 is not happening because of Status "N" and again sending to RFC2 from DB.

it seems to bit resource consumption process.So i was looking if any more option cutting all above.

Anyways thx for u r idea..

rgds

srini

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

i suppose by giving having a gap in the avaiability planning you can never be sure that this will work

as the first scenario may take time if there are large number of records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) JDBC1 --> At(Time) 00:00:00 ?? For Duration --?? 8 Mins

1) JDBC2 --> At(Time) ?? 00:00:00 For Duration --?? 16 Mins

Example:

1) JDBC1 --> At(Time) 08:00:00 For Duration -- 1 Mins

2) JDBC2 --> At(Time) ?? 08:08:00 For Duration -- 1Mins

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

For this am restricting number of records fetched by Sender JDBC Adapter, so i very well know how much time it takes for RFC1 execution adding to 3 mins buffer am keeping the gap.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv / Tarang,

Thanks for u r inputs.

Srini

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i suugest not to solve this delay in time planning availability as you will never know

how much time the first scenario will take

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarasng,

We have tested many times for 100 records input from JDBC how time it is taken by RFC1.

So gap can be made a plus of 4 mins for safer side.

Hope this will solve my problem in not doing major modifications.

rgds

srini

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

how did u solve thgis problem