cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer error id 600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Today an error started to happen in our optimizer run, the description of the error is: an exception in the communication object occur.

I am not sure if it is an error caused by master data or by RFC problems.

In the trace file I can see that error id 600 occurred.

The only thing that we changed was the utilization rate of several resources in active version. We did not change the resources that are version independent. We are managing the resource capacity directly in APO.

I already ran all the consistency checks available. Other fact is that if we run the optimizer in small parts, it work. However if we try to run all the products togheter we get the error.

Hope you can help me...

thanks a lot and regards,

Luiz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

If there is inconsistency in resource, goto /n/sapapo/res01 tcode, Goto top menu, under "Tools" run, livecache check for the resources you had done changes and then retry the scenario.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer SAP note 399898.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this note is not applicable to our environment... I am suspicious about inconsistencies in the resources...

regards,

Luiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right that 600 is an indication of inconsistencies in master data for the Optimizer. We usually get this error code when the Resource validity for available capacity is less than the Planning Horizon. Check the resource available capacity in the master data and adjust the Days- and Days+ on the Resource Master Data to cover the total planning horizon. Then you may need to run report /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN to ensure these days have been accounted for.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I just happened to look at this thread now and was wondering if the resource validity for available capacity is less than planning horizon how could the Optimizer run work fine when Luiz ran it in small parts as opposed to getting an error when all the products were included in the run.

Luiz, it would be interesting if you could tell us how you finally resolved this issue. Was the issue regarding the discrepancy in the validity period of resource capacity and planning horizon as Ian had mentioned?

Cheers,

Miki