cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 - Text file upload errors in RAR configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in the process of configuring the RAR for GRC 5.3 and I keep getting several java errors while trying to upload the Descripotions Text file from the backend system.

I could successfully load the Auth object file after several attempts.

Can someone advise how I can overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Farah

*Some of the error messages as they appear :*

at com.virsa.cc.rulearchitect.bo.ObjectTextBO.insertObjectText(ObjectTextBO.java:84)

at com.virsa.cc.comp.UploadTexts.onActionUploadTextObjs(UploadTexts.java:335)

at com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.InternalUploadTexts.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalUploadTexts.java:169)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

Please make sure that you save the file in UTF-8 encoding and then upload these files.

Regards

Harleen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

Please refer to this document [Offline Mode Risk Analysis|https://www.sdn.sap.com//irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a06e3f-24b6-2a10-dba0-e8174339c47c|Offline Mode Risk Analysis at GRC Wiki]. This will help you in conforming the structure and all the necessary tabbed-delimitation in each file.

Yes, as mentioned do save the files as UTF-8 text encoding.

Secondly, DO NOT open the files in MS WORD or MS EXCEL rather use WORDPAD and NOTEPAD for the same. Sometimes, word/excel affect the stucture of the file and even you can't open more than 65536 records in excel.

--

Cheers!

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

Follow the document Aman has mentioned. Aman is 100% right. Word and Excel always adds some extra character so it is better to use Notepad.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you everyone.

Your advise really helped me.

I followed Harleen's advise and saved it as UTF8 and that did it. I could successfully upload it.

Thank you very much.

I truly appreciate the input from each one of you.

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open file in Word and enable technical naming of Tabs and Enters.

Then check file mannually for any inconsistency.

Say as Tab Delimited.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

This error comes due to issue with the file. Can you make sure that this file is tab limited and does not contain special character or blank spaces?

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farah,

I had problems with special characters like # and §. Replace them if you find them.

Don't forget to save in UTF-8 text coding.

Regards,

Vit

Edited by: Vit Vesely on Mar 18, 2009 8:10 AM