Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pecentage field error - Univer Builder

i808418
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am tryng to add a feild with 1 decimal place to my univers and I receive the following error

"Parse failled: Excepttion Microsoft [ODBC SQL Server Driver] statements could not be prepared State: 42000

The field is a calculation of two other fields inthe same table (field 1 / field 2) so I tired to create the field directly in Universe designer as well with a formula, but it will not index in Polestar.I did put logic in to avoid divid byzero and the data looks clean in MS SQL

I will give points.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The error you are getting is very generic error and may come in various cases.

Remove the decimal place in the object name, you can replace space with underscore.

If you are using formula in the select statement then make sure you have referenced the table name in the object definition that contains 2 fields from the same table.

Please try some of the solutions:

Solution 1:

The SQL statement is case sensitive in Business Objects.

Follow these steps:

1. Test the connection in your universe and click Details.

2. From Details, copy and run the path for the PRM file used by your connection which will open the relevant PRM file in Notepad.

3. Modify the following parameter (or add to the PRM file if it does not exist) as follows:

<Parameter Name="CASE_SENSITIVE">N</Parameter>

4. Save the PRM file.

5. Close and relaunch Designer.

Solution 2:

The SQL generated must be in the ANSI92 format.

Perform the following steps:

1. In Designer, click Menu > File > Parameters.

2. Click the Parameter tab.

3. Change the ANSI92 parameter value to "YES", as the default value is "NO".

I hope this Helpsu2026

Thanksu2026.

Pratik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i808418
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help,

Solution #2 did not help.

I cannot do solution #2 because I cannnot see the full PRM path in the details dialog box. The path ois far to long (programs files/Business obejct/ etc.....) I am connectng the a SQL Server 2005 box.

The field name does not have a decimal in it. The field itself is defined with one decimal place (18,1). All other fields int he table parse correctly within Designer fine.

I checked the field and there are no null or negative values.

Please advise how I might retrieve the full path for the prm file. Unfortunatley there are several candidates. Would sqlsrv.prm DataAccess/ConnectionServer/odb be the correct file?

Thanks,

Mike