Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping parameter type integer ASAP

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have some message mapping parameters, one of them is type integer.

how can i get the value of it, the rest are type string so, i dont have any problem to select them in a constant object.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if a parameter is declared as integer, try to get the value with a UDF with one argument ParameterName:

GlobalContainer gc = container.getGlobalContainer();
InputParameters inpara = gc.getInputParameters();
int tmp= inpara.getInt(ParameterName);

return Integer.toString(tmp);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI only takes values as strings, so if input value as integer then also there will be no problem. But If you have some format concern then you can take care of that in mapping by using standard function FormatNum.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i have a requirement? what exactly u r looking for?

U can either convert the string to Int using simple UDF int i = Integer.parseInt("string value");

chirag

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your quick response.

let me explain

i have a BPM and i need to get in message mapping the value of some container element. for this im following this blog.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings

here says i can define parameters type integer, but i dont know how to get the value en MM.

does it clear??

onother problem im having is that my BPM delay too much to send back the response to WS using parameters. i did a test with a mapping with out mapping parameters and the response delay about 30 seconds. is there any way to make the bpm does not delay a century to send the response back to WS?

Thanks

regards

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Mar 18, 2009 2:31 PM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>is there any way to make the bpm does not delay a century to send the response back to WS?

there are many techniques on how to speed up a BPM

(design and technical - basis like)

they all depend on the scenario, SP level etc.

ask your XI/PI consultant to help you with that

but the easiest way to go is to follow one golden rule .... don't create BPMs for sync interfaces

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Michael

in this case i dont have any choise.

this BPM is like WS>(open bridge)>jdbc>jdbc>WS_resp(close(bridge)

the particular with this BPM is along the runtime some container operation keep some values from WS request, and both JDBC, all those containers are the WS result.

to get the Value of container operation i followed the blog /people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings but when i execute the BPM fail when have to send the response back using those parameters. to be sure about this error i created a mapping with out parameters, add it to BPM and the result: OK

i add to integration engine the parameter HTTP_TIMEOUT to 10000 and also the parameter CHECK_FOR_ASYNC_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT to 240 but it also fail (always with parameters in Message Mapping). but dont get confuse, the ccBPM is who quit by timeout.

Any suggest why the ccbpm fail using mapping parameters?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Mar 19, 2009 12:07 PM