cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category RENN is not defined for this item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey SD experts,

I've created a sales order with free of charge and standard items.

Now, I'm trying to create a return order with reference to this sales order.

I got this error message: Item category RENN is not defined for this item.

I've checked in VOV4 : the combination Sales document type + Itemcategory group =>Itemcategory seems to be correct.

Why am I getting this error message then ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally free goods will be determined in the order with reference to higher level item. While you are checking the order you have seen only Order + item category group = Default item category.

You are not checking the other importent information like Higher level item category and usage.

Please check itemcategory will be detremined with the above four combination.

Thanks & Regards

Ugamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the problem solved.

I forgot to specify RENN as manual entry allowed for item category in the sales document.

Thank you all for your kind support.

Regards,

Bahia.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the assignment for item category determination...you should also specify the Higher Level Item Category (REN). Please check once.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bahia,

Check item level copy control settings between Sales order free of charge and Return sales order i.e copy control settings between free of charge order item category and returns order itemcategory.

Once again check item category determination through VOV4 transaction for the combination of

Your returns order document type+Itemcategory group-->RENN.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

just a hunch... i think this has happened to me before... but maybe you should look in copy controls between order types using VTAA. check if the item category RENN has been set.

regards.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bahia

As you have created Sales order Free of charge and when you are creating Return order (RE) , wrf to sales order then you need to do customization in VOV4 as your sales order is Free of charge sales order .

Regards

Srinath