cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MI7.1 and UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'd like to know how do you actually manage authorizations with handheld applications?

From the documentation, I clearly understand the mobile component can be assigned to an authorization role before being synchronized with the device - users are assigned to devices. So then, as first authorization filter, components are accessible or not from a device if at least, one device's user has enough authorizations.

Unfortunately, having multiple users using the same device means having different rights for the same components on a unique device. Then, in order to guarantee my authorization concept, I would need to check components against roles and mobile application logon data without being connected.

Here, the question: Is there any kind of UME replication within the Mobile DB Lite? Is there any other alternative in standard or should I implement a dedicated authorization DO? Actually, I do neither see any IWDMessageManager nor IPermissionChecker Java Interface within the Handheld API.

Thanks in advance and,

Best Regards,

Ludovic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Narayani but I am afraid your answer doesn't solve the issue since the problem is more related to the mobile client itself.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create a role in PFCG and then assign the users to this role.

Also you can go to the MI roles and assign the users and the authorizations that need to have.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani