cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Senario with non-central advanced adapter engine at DMZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

we are currently in the planing phase for design a proper PI 7.1 B2B landscape with external partner(s).

For external communication to our business partner(s) we consider to setup a non-central advanced adapter engine at DMZ for all external connectivity like RFC, FTP, HTTP(S), etc.

The related PI 7.1 system will still located at application area separated by firewall.

Do you think this is a right and proper solution?

Many thanks in advanced!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Colleagues,

>

> we are currently in the planing phase for design a proper PI 7.1 B2B landscape with external partner(s).

>

> For external communication to our business partner(s) we consider to setup a non-central advanced adapter engine at DMZ for all external connectivity like RFC, FTP, HTTP(S), etc.

>

> The related PI 7.1 system will still located at application area separated by firewall.

>

> Do you think this is a right and proper solution?

>

> Many thanks in advanced!

>

> Regards,

>

> Jochen

we had the exact design in a project of ours and it works well. Keeping the B2B traffic for a separate adapter engine was found to be ideal in terms of load scheduling and also monitoring (B2B traffic had a higher priority).

If you ask me I would say YES

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

I have a question on this setup (wrt PI 7.3 Single stack installation) -

• if I have my Decentralized AEX in the DMZ zone and Central AEX in the internal network the objects of IR and ID are shared between two systems even though their SID's are different - is that right?
  • When I do my transports from QA to Production environment transporting to one system is  sufficient(Cental AEX)-is that right?

I'm sure the first bullet point is right , based on the help.sap.com. But wasn't sure about the second one. I believe it is, just need a confirmation.

Thanks,

Justin.

alex_bundschuh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

in a distributed landscape i.e. central hub (PI dual stack, AEX, or PO) + de-central AEs  design time (ESR) and configuration (Directory, Integration Flows) is done centrally, both ESR and Directory run on top of the central hub, so it's correct you transport your ESR objects and configuration objects only once, for the configuration objects when activating the change list the cache of the de-central AE is updated if the object should run on the de-central AE

Alex

jonvaughan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Does the de-central AE have to connect to an SLD ? If so can it just be a local one with no other information in it ?

I can't find any documentation around this scenario.

Cheers

Jon

alex_bundschuh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

when you install the DAE, as part of the post installation the AE registers itself at the SLD

The AE needs to be maintained in SLD in order to show up in the Directory

Alex

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all

currently we are using PI 7.1. with SAP EHP 1 SPS 09. we would like to install a DAE, so can we use AEX as DAE, if we install AEX can this AEX can use the current PI 7.1. ID. IR objects or not and is the AEX can support for PI 7.1?

-lakshman

jonvaughan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think this is the correct way to do it too - however I haven't been able to find any suitable documentation from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayakumar,

Many thanks for share this information!

This is very helpfully for planing our next steps!

I absolutely agree with you in this estimation!

Regards,

Jochen