cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OutOfMemoryError during sync (upload a huge sync-file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I have a custom syncBo which contains a lot of data.

The size of the file "i0000009.sync" for such a syncBo in the folder "<MI>\sync\<user>\out\ta" is 7 MB.

When I try to sync and the MI-client (7.0) try to upload this file I always get the OutOfMemoryError.

And the sync process was finished too fast after seconds.

Now I need to know, if there is a restriction for the size of sync-Files? Maybe 5 MB?

And how can I avoid this OutOfMemoryError?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Yes you can modify the size of the data sent, and could you describe the enviornment? Are you using a PDA device and if so are you synchronizing wirelessly? I hope your 7 meg sync is for an initial download of data, if so then I recommend you always syncrhonize while the device is cradled. In my experience we would get these errors if we tried to synchronize using the wifi network, due to the slow speed of connectivity and writing to the flash drive the memory runs out. When we cradle the device we are able to have successful synchronizations.

-wael

P.S. Always re-install the client if you receive errors and want to start fresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

thank you for the answer.

I'm using a laptop MAM30 with a normal network connection (not wireless).

But I'm using a VPN to connect to the middleware.

The file was created on the laptop for the data of an upload-syncBO.

I have got an upload-problem during synchronizing the 7MB sync-File.

It's not a download problem.

Could it be, that the MI-Client don't react to firewall upload restrictions?

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can limit the amount of send data by switching on Data Container Packaging.

But - jesus - 7MB upload data in MAM, what have you done? Is this really your scenario? Hughe amount of data I have to say

Anyway, MI does clearly not react on Firewall limitations or so - the only way for you I can see is to switch on Data container packaging as saidf before or limit the data.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your answer...

The sync-file contains the hex-string of a binary file. Thats the reason for the size.

But what do you mean exactly with "data container packaging"?

Where can I do the necessary settings?

And if I would use this packaging, then the mi-client would divide the 7MB file into smaller files, correct?

By the way, the OutOfMemoryError occures only when I sync via a VPN connection.

So it could be a firewall problem? Because the MI-Request doesn't react on such errors during the http-request, right?

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

correct, MI doe snot react on these things - and you only have this issue while usinga VPN connection..... thas is strange!

Which client are you using - so I can tell you where to switch on the packaging.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver...

I'm using MI 7.0 SP14.

Rgds

Frank

Answers (0)