cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sessions Vs Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the diff between sessions vs users. In the context of MAXUSERTASKS. Can i change the attribute value to running for the same, if so how can i do that.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

do you actually make up such questions so that somebody can find a page in the documentation, that exactly answers them?

[db_connect|http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/44/ed65a8c85b67d6e10000000a155369/content.htm]

The database session is linked with a User-Task of the database.

You can configure the maximum number of simultaneous database sessions possible specifying the value of the general database parameter MaxUserTasks.

Best regards,

Lars

Edited by: Lars Breddemann on Mar 17, 2009 5:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I did looked at that, but what about users logging in from gui. I mean is it only a database session is opened when user requests for read or write access.

And its not related to no. of users logging in to the system?.

Can i change the MAXUSERTASKS parameter dynamically(RUNNING) rather than OFFLINE.

Thanks

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I did looked at that, but what about users logging in from gui. I mean is it only a database session is opened when user requests for read or write access.

Depends on the GUI you're using.

If you're talking about the SAP workprocesses, than the answer is:

They open a session to the database when they are started and keep it.

They keep it open even when they are not doing anything.

> And its not related to no. of users logging in to the system?.

Well, indirectly, there is a dependency - but only as far as the number of workproceses relate to the number of logged on users (and you know that there is not a 1:1 connection between workprocesses and users)

> Can i change the MAXUSERTASKS parameter dynamically(RUNNING) rather than OFFLINE.

Nope - you've to restart the database for that.

But there is a handy note available that tells you how to calculate the number for MAXUSERTASKS so that you have 'enough' free usertasks.

Just look up notes with this keyword...

regards,

Lars

Answers (0)