cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the different between CJ20N anc CJ02?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am investigating between CJ20N anc CJ02. I like to know which one is better for asset accounting area. Please provide your thought.

Thanks,

Song

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJ02 you can only see WBS elements and Project definition but not networks

CJ02 is an older transaction and the navigation is a bit different

I would use CJ20N as it has more functionality.

However if you do not have networks (which should be true for asset project as a best practice) then there you do have to choose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick respond. Our associates have been using CJ02 forever. My point is to encourage them to use CJ20N instead, but I need to find the selling points for assets. Please provide some thought.

Thanks,

Song

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is usually the problem!!

in my current implmentation I am having the same probelm to convince my users to use CJ20N, but they are so stuck with CJ02 that it is a huge change for them, so I am testing waters with a few superusers with CJ20N and rest continue as before

As a consultant I would try to show both sides of the coin and give the recommended option as you think - then leave it to your associates to decide - at least later they cannot say you didn't tell them !!

The only thing I would state is that in CJ20N you can

the system remembers the last 5 project numbers

if there are networks involved then you can do everything in one go

you can access planning board from CJ20N

adding and extending project structures is easy with the template area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your points are taken. Thanks for info! I will put my saleman hat before presenting to them.