cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-email Support Team after team determination (new message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I know this topic has been discussed on SDN a lot, but it is still unclear how one gets the auto-email working when a new message arrives in the Service Desk. We are currently on SSM 7.0 EHP1, and I have gone through note SAP Note "1041455 -Partner dependant actions are not executed". So, here is what I have done so far:

- with note 1041455, I copied the CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 method to ZCRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 and edited the code as described, then assigned it to the Action Definition SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER (I removed the old CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 method).

- in SPPFCADM, I used the Action Profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED with Action Definition SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER for the Support Team finding, which works. I even set this one to Immediate Processing.

- then I copied Action Definition SLFN0001_ADVANCED_STATUS to ZSLFN0001_ADVANCED_STATUS and made it Partner Dependent on SLFN0003 (Support Team), Schedule Automatically (and I have tried most of the Action Merging options). Start Condition is "When saving document". Under Processing Types I used the Smart Forms Mail type.

- Then, under Conditions for the Action Profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED I added the ZSLFN0001_ADVANCED_STATUS action and set the Start Condition to "&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001SLFN0001". So the status should be New.

Now, whenever I create a Service Message from satellite system, the message gets created, the Support Team is determined but no email is sent to the Support Team. When I open the message and click on Change, then only does the auto-email action list under the Actions tab. Only when I saved the message does it actually send the email.

So can anyone please help in getting the email sent to the Support Team right after the message gets created and the Support Team gets determined? Your help would be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining action in processing time field insted of "While saving document" make it to "Immediate processing" for action which you have defined for "New" status. Try this.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To make the action automatic follow the below procedure

1. In the Email action select the Processing at "Processing using a Selection report"

2. Run the RSPPFPROCESS report maintain the selection parameters properly and check are you getting your message in the output list. You should get your message in that list.

Save that as a variant

3. Schedule the report as a periodic job with that variant

This will definitly solve your issue

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, after some re-config of the Action Profiles I got it working, although I am pretty sure I have tried it before. The Immediate Proc helps, but now it sends an email to the Support Team every time you change the message whilst still in New status. I'll hack a bit further...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check you action for the status new. Change the partner function to desired one different from support team.

Mail would trigger to the BP entered in the partner function field of transaction.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

Can you share how you solve that problem. I'm facing the same problem like you.

I've changed the procesing type to immediete but still the email is not sending to support team during creation of support message.

I've to save first the message and then it will trigger to support team.

regards,

Biah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also encountered exactly the same error. The email notification was not triggered when new message arrived in Service Desk. It only triggers when i edit the message.

Hope you can give light on this problem.

Kind Regards,

Ice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also encountering this problem. Please let us know how you solved it.

Thanks,

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

At last, i made this one working by changing the action SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER to "Immediate Processing". Try to check this standard action, you will see that it was set to "Processing when saving".

Create a new action profile like Z_SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER (copy SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER then set to "Immediate Processing") then change the sort order in a way that it is lower than the standard one. Remeber to set also the Condition Configuration (Just copy the condition of standard SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER).

Next, create the action profile that will send the email notification with "Immediate Processing" also. Assign a sort order higher than the number you assigned to Z_SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER.

Try this one. It works on our system.

Please send back if you have questions.

Thank you,

Ice

Edited by: Maricel Villagra on May 6, 2009 3:17 AM