cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Application URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed Web Dynpro application, have no portal wants to test in the web broswer, can u please help me on how to do that?.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunita,

u told that u have developed webdynpro application, but u did not mentioned whether ur using sneak preview . I hope that u installed only developer studio. so u need to install portal and configure NWDS in window--> preference

sap J2EE engine. Host name , port 3601.

if u need any help u can ask .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

I tried to do like u said above, but when I select "deploy new archive and run" nothing happens. Do you know, what could be the problem?.

Siva,

I dont want to integrate it into the portals, wants to test only in the browser.

Thanks anyways,

Sunita.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First time, you should get a popup for the SDM password, are you even getting this?

Are you sure that you are pointed to a valid J2ee engine?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

First time I entered the SDM Password, after that explorer isnt starting, for another application it worked perfect. We havent changed anything after I executed the first application. So it should be definetly correct J2EE engine.

Thanks,

Sunita.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So when firing another application, it is working fine, right? For your problematic application, make sure to check the deployment log in NWDS to see any errors that may have occured during deployment, I believe that this will stop the app from firing in browser.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rich,

Now its working fine!. Thanks-a-lot man. BTW, how to see deployment log?.

Rgds,

Sunita.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Huh! Interesting. Well glad that its working now.

You can see the deployment log in NWDS, If it is not visible, you can make it visible by....

click window, show view, other.

at the bottom of the list, click other, deployment output view. Now you will see it at the bottom of NWDS.

When deploying, messages will pop in this window.

Please make sure to mark you posts as solved if solved completely. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SP16. My WD app works fine when test on the same host as the server, but if I want to use another machine (by just passing the URL); page can't be displayed.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

Yes I got POP up for SDM Password, I don't know what password i need to enter.

NWDS is on my laptop,VPN to the network, I tried to deploy to remote server, J2ee configuration is right I hope, Because I am getting SDM password Popup.

Message Server: XXXXXX.XXX.com

port:57100

Message port: 3670

UNIX server

Please explain how to get the SDM Password from the server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sure, if you don't have a portal, I assume you just want to run on the j2ee engine, all you need to do is right-click on your application and choose "deploy and run" this will deploy your webdypro project to the j2ee engine and run it in a browser.

First, lets make sure that you are "pointed" to a j2ee engine, in NWDS, click Window, Preference. On the left side, click SAP J2ee Engine. In the right side, make sure that the host name of the j2ee engine has been entered, also enter the port, probably 3601.

Now in your web dypro project, there is a node called "Applications", right click on this and choose "Create Application", give a name and a package, click finish. Now right-click on your application that you just created and choose "Deploy and Run". NWDS will deploy and fire the app in a browser.

Regards,

Rich Heilman