cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: A message coming into XI with header and multiple line item data is split to create a separate message for each line item from the original. Each of these new message therefore will have a single line item from the original and also the header information replicated to each message.

I know I have seen this weblog, but I can not seem to find it now. Can someone please help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think this is weblog u were searching for

for further reference chk out these links

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually looking for a blog that goes through an example of message splitting without BPM. You suggested ones I have already looked at. Thanks for that. Do you have any other references you could provide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for message splitting without bpm,

u need to specify the cardinality for the target message as o..ub in the message mapping and set the occurance of message in interface mapping also as 0..ub

then in the configuration side

choose RB_SPLIT option in interface determination which will help in message splitting

for further details chk out this blog

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

hope this helps u to perform message splitting without bpm

regards

jithesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

<b>This scenario you are trying can be done using CONDITIONAL RECEIVER DETERMINATION and RB SPLIT</b>

<u>

To do this without using a BPM.</u>

1. Create your mapping program that will map the information from the source file

into the destination idoc. This has to be a 1:N split. Just make sure that the destination message type and message interface are are of occurrence N.

2. Also, you will have 2 destination interfaces and 2 interface mapping, one for the IDOC and one for the mail.

Now, there are a few essential steps in your configuration,

1. In the receiver determination, specify the 2 receiver systems, one for your IDOC and the other for your MAIL.

2. Now, you will have a condition window. Just type the condition on the basis of which the receiver has to be determined for the mail and the idoc business system. Just remember that the condition can be specified only for the source message.

3. In the Interface Determination, you have an option called RB CLASSIC and RB SPLIT. To do a 1:N split, you will have to do a RB_SPLIT.

You can even use xslt mapping to split source message type into multiple target messages types.for more information on the same check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/83/2200cb50d345c793336d9a1683163e/frameset.htm

Thus, your solution can be devised without a BPM also.

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

do you mean the weblog <a href="/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible">Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it's possible!</a> from Jin Chin?

Regards,

Claus