cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a BI Query I receive a date which is displayed in a table. In the table the date is displayed as follows:

I want it to be displayed as March 01, 2008 and December 12, 2008.

I have used the following formula in the custom text formatting of the cell of the table:

DSTR(@Actual_Date_to_ext_key,"MON DD, YYYY")

Strangely the date is now displayed as

jan 03, 2008
Jul 12, 2008

What am I doing wrong? BTW: The field in the table isof data type text and I can not change it to Date. I have already tried to add a new field with data type date, but it doesn't display the date delivered by the query.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Jan Laros

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

referring to the SAP documentation :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/5b/7bbd21fcb44a74856bb4bcf8697010/frameset.htm

the only available month mask that exists are :

M

Months as 1-12

MM

Months as 01-12

MON

Months as Jan-Dec

so I'm not sure what you want is possible or not.

One thing you can do is a string replace of your DSTR(....) result, like working with the REPLACE function.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

Once again thank you for your reply. The standard as you mention is fine for me, so Mar 01, 2008 would be fine. However, the formula used is delivering/calculating the wrong output. We get Jan 03, 2008. So it's switching months and days.

We are on NW 7.0 SP13 by the way.

Best regards,

Jan

Edit: Could this actually be an SP level problem? As stated in this topic:

Edited by: Jan Laros on Mar 18, 2009 9:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

It is working fine in my system. I'm using SP15. There is an option is available in 'Formatting tab' of date field's properties. I changed it as 'Jan 31,2001' and it shows like what we need. Upgrade your SP and try it.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right once again, Basheer. It seems that day and month are switched in SP13. I had it tested on an SP15 system and it worked fine. Thanks all!

Answers (0)