cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD application showing combined data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to create WD application showing combined data from flat file and from external DB?

Does anyone has experience or guide how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Marek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Combined (A table which display data from DB + Files something like this )

For flat file data in webdynpro application take the help from this [doc|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47ce9b90-0201-0010-59b5-f70826824eee]

and [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00062266-3aa9-2910-d485-f1088c3a4d71]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It just a combined representation of data from database and local files right?

Do u need some more input?(explain the scenario )

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario:

1. I get data from external DB into WD

2. I upload data from local file into WD

3. I would like to combine data from both DB and local file.

4. I would like to display combined representation data from both external DB and local file.

Regards

Marek

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What is the version of NWDS and DB types (Webservice, EJB )?

For uploading the file you got the help and how to read a file and performed the db operation also?

1.For representation : Create some temporary node say DisplayDataNode with attributes which u want to display (Here i considered that output to be shown in table) bind table to this node and attribute also.

2. Now some mapping node is there which content the actual data (Form DB as well as Files) here simply u have to set the data into attribute of DisplayDataNode taking from attribute of (DB and File).

Don't do any direct context mapping to UI elements since we need to display modified combined data.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Apparently the scenario which you have explained is not that simple as it seems to be. There is lot behind this.

As per your requirement:

1. I get data from external DB into WD 
2. I upload data from local file into WD
3. I would like to combine data from both DB and local file. 
4. I would like to display combined representation data from both external DB and local file. 

I would go point wise and hope that clears your issue:

1) If you want to get data from External DB it depends which external DB you are using. Is it a SAP system or a non-SAP system. If that is a SAP ABAP system then you can use the Adaptive RFC model which is provided in Webdynpro to extract data. In case that is the non-SAP system then you need some connector from XI which can extract the data from 3rd party systems and can bring on to the same platform of SAP and then you can get the data out of it. In case you have non-SAP system then proabably you need to do lot of things before you actually get the data in webdynpro.

2) Get data from Local file: This is simpler than above case, however require some coding efforts. You need to read the local files in such a way that it can be formatted in a given format. After that this can be easily accessed in the webdynpro application. This will be a small JAVA code to extract the data from a local file system (i am assuming that data is in .csv, .xls, .txt formats)

3) Combine data from both datasource: This is quite tricky task as you need to get the data from both data source in common format so that it can be used to get displayed using the Webdynpro application. Again I would say this require java coding tricks.

4) Once you get the data in common format then there is nothing in displaying the data using webdynpro application.

I hpe this will clear you doubts. Please revert back in case you need more clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks for helpfull answers. This is exactly what I need. In case of problems I will come back to you

Thanks and regards

Marek

Answers (0)