cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI integration to SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

CASE 1:

my Vendor going to send the information through EDI. if i want to receive the data to SAP R/3, am i required to have EDI converter or the data vendor is sending can read SAP R/3 directly?

Case 2:

if i want to send the data to Vendor (he is having EDI converter) am i required to have EDI converter?

Your comments are more helpful to me. Please though your valuable suggestions.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> CASE 1:

>

> my Vendor going to send the information through EDI. if i want to receive the data to SAP R/3, am i required to have EDI converter or the data vendor is sending can read SAP R/3 directly?

>

> Case 2:

>

> if i want to send the data to Vendor (he is having EDI converter) am i required to have EDI converter?

>

>

> Your comments are more helpful to me. Please though your valuable suggestions.

>

> regards.

In either case your EDI message must be converted into an SAP IDOC.

The mostly used solution if you have sap as backend is, to have SAP XI/PI to integrate the EDI messages with IDOCs on sap side.

YOu need to have Seeburger adapter to convert EDI messages into XML and then map the XML to IDOC structures in XI.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi...,

You mean to say I should have EDI adapter to communicate to Vendor?

regards.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Before we had XI, for EDI integration with SAP , we had translators like Gentran etc.

EDI Translators used to convert the EDI messages and map them to IDOC structures.

But if you have SAP XI, then you need to go for Seeburger's EDI adapter (It is called seeburger AS2 adapter)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi...,

my quarry is almost clear

my case is I have SAP R/3 as ERP and XI for integration to Web application. Now if Vendor send the information in EDI format. so i required to purchase adapter to read the data and sent to SAP R/3.

regards.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Gentlemen,

We have now ecc6.0 and Gentran, we are trying to replicate our old system 4.7 EDI

integration with Gentran, but we don't have option Shell script:start_converter in our

new ecc6.0 which is on windows/sql were as our old 4.7 is on AIX/oracle

Please Advice do we need entran Adapater for integrating with ecc6.0,Thanks

Ani

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your EDI integration is working fine with gentran then no need to change....but as you are suggesting you are facing some problems...and also if you are moving towards XI as a universal integration tool for all your integration needs what i woulsd suggest let Gentran do the EDI to XML conversion and then let XI pick up those XML and map to Idoc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

When we are supposed to integrate R/3 to EDI subsystem directly we can use Java based XML convertor(Business Connector) from SAP.In the other case if Integration is mandatory using XI we can go for SEEBURGER adapter modules.

Thanks,

Ram.