cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

i want to create order on today's date only not on future's date or past date.

kindly advice what to do for this requirement.

thanks & regards

suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default system will take today's date as order creation date.

Regards

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I the document details screen (VOV8) u have a request date tab there u can click on ''proposed dated' tab.It will create to days date as a delivery date.If its for a perticolar order than in schedule line tab u can maintain the delivery date.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Enter Tcode VOV8 where in you maintain your sales document types i.e., OR, ZOR... click details button in the details screen under header "Requested Delivery date/ purchase order date"

If you have lead time in days = 0 then save it.

Now if you run a transaction using this document type automatically the system will take current date as Default date

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

thanks for ur replies

my client requirement is - his end user should be allowed to create order on the system date i.e todays date .purchase order date proposed can be changed to future i.e tomarrow and it can be billed this is what my client does not want.

i think u got what iam saying

kindly reply to this

suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Enter Tcode VOV8 where in you maintain your sales document types i.e., OR, ZOR... click details button in the details screen under header "Requested Delivery date/ purchase order date"

If you have lead time in days = 0 then save it.

Now if you run a transaction using this document type automatically the system will take current date as Default date

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ensure requested delivery date tab lead time in days field is blank in VOV8 so that system takes current date.

regards

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put the PO date manually in the Sales order overview screen.

If you want that system should take it automatically by default, then in VOV8, for the Sales document type (e.g, OR), select the "Propose PO date" check box.

If you want that "Requested delivery date" also should be also to-day's date then make the "Lead time" check box blank . You can also activate the "Propose delivery date" check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default system will take current date only for the order creation.

If ur question is regarding by default u want today's date as delivery date then u have to maintain the

lead time in days field in the sal doc type (vov8) as Zero.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear suman,

When ever you r going to create the Sales order ...system will take in back ground...systemm will not take any future or past date.

VBAK-ERDAT(Date on Which Record Was Created).

From this field u can fetch the data..if you want.

Regards

raj.