cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Acknowledgements --> how to delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to delete messages from PI.

We find a lot of entries in SXMSPMAST of Acknowledgements on status Scheduled. This results in a green flag in SXMB_MONI.

I can not find a way to delete these entries or how to cancel these entires (except manually).

I can only see these messages when I enter the MSGGUID in the selection screen of the SXMB_MONI.

Somebody any ideas? Thanks.

Grtz

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check if it is possible select the msgs in SXMB_MONI, by choosing appropriate Status Group and/or Status to see all the messages (remove the value in Length of Output list)

then you can select all cancel all (atleast you need not do one by one).

you can try to run delete reports, but is not advisable to do it adhoc.

Info on various processing status

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ea/2f053d39177608e10000000a114084/content.htm

once the messages are cancelled & if you have scheduled your regular house-keeping jobs then these are automatically deleted

@Rajeev, appreciate your efforts in trying to solve the issue, but Archiving is not possible as mentioned by you above, at this situation.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to select the messages in SXMB_MONI but did not use the various message statusses (only the Groups).

I'll let you know tomorrow.

(The program RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES is not selecting these)

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

inspite of deleting your XI msgs, it will be better to archive them.........you will have to ask your basis guys to enable archiving in your XI system.........then you can archive your msgs using RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES report in XI.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Archiving is not considered in this case. We just want to cancel these messages in the first place. Later on we will delete the messages.

We do not have the requirement to archive these messages (development system).

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay if you do not want to consider archiving, then you can run report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES to delete the msgs.........i think your msgs are processed but their acknowledgment is in scheduled status, so if your msg is processed then i do not think you will be able to cancel your msg.......so if this is your case, then you will have to run the above report to delete your msgs.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Green flag means it may be on the Queue....It may locked in queue..........select that particular message....Goto GOTO Option....QRFC MONITOR and select and press unlock........

Otherwise goto TCODE SMQ2.....and relese lock

Thanks.