cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 -- fails on X-64 (as well as Vista X-64) bit systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I posted something like this a few weeks back -- but no replies.

I can't believe with the imminent release of W7 RC1 for public testing (rumour date is Apr 10 for public download) that NOBODY has tried running the trial on any (Windows) version of a 64 bit OS.

However the SAP MMC won't install on 64 Bit Vista (or W7) -- get message "Unsupported OS".

Installation therefore aborted.

Now PLEASE SAP -- since even humble laptops can have 4GB or more in them and Windows XP (or even Vista 32 bit) can only address 3GB can you fix this so it runs on a 64 Bit OS.

(Once you re talking large DB's a 64 Bit Os is necessary anyway for decent DB performance)

Comon SAP welcome to the 21st Century.

(The install works FINE on an XP Virtual Machine running on VMWARE using Windows 7 X-64 as Host OS BTW if anybody also want to try Windows 7). Also works on Microsoft's Virtual PC if you don't want to pay for vmware workstation.

Cheers

jimbo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Have you had any luck resolving this? I'm trying to achieve the same thing. I found this post : where the final comment says it is not possible.

I was wondering if the latest version (SR1 SP3) can be loaded on Win 7 64 but I don't want to go through a big download that may not work. Unfortunately where I live broadband is very expensive

Cheers

Dave