cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring multiple R/3 or BW instances behind TAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We anticipate that we will have a problem when we attempt to access more than one back-end instance from the same enterprise portal when it is behind Tivoli Access Manager (TAM). Based on the way the TAM configuration, including the Junction Mapping Table (JMT), and the manner in which some back-end applications operate, we suspect there will be a problem reconciling a dynamically generated address to the correct back-end instance.

For example, we have multiple CRM instances in our landscape. We have implemented the IC Web Client through the Enterprise Portal, and have successfully configured it to work. When the back-end CRM system generates a url, it is reconciled properly because there is only one place where "/sap/..." exists in the JMT. However, because all back-end SAP instances have the same directory structures, any other CRM instance is going to generate the same url, but will expect the browser to return the request to issuing server. TAM intercepts all traffic and will only be able to route it to the first junction it finds, so multiple systems generating the same url will all be routed to one of the instances by TAM.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there anyone who has a solution? Ingo?

This issue will be a reality very soon for us, so anyone who has a potential solution please contact me.

Glenn

Glenn_Winter@whirlpool.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Did you happen to solve this problem? If so please let me know.

Do we need to create multiple JMT's for each backend instance of CRM? How do you uniquely identify which instance of CRM in the JMT?

JMT - Junction Mapping Table.

Thanks,

Megha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Megha,

There are two options.

1. Create two WebSEAL instances as per the integration guide at "<a href="http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24003605">IBM Tivoli Access Manager SAP ITS 6.1 / 6.2 Integration Adapter</a>", and configure the JMT for each TAM instance for the default ITS values (eg "/scripts/wgate" and "/sap/its"); or,

2. Change the default values of the second SAP instance in the instance's xml configuration file (ITSRegistryWGate.xml) to something other than "/scripts/wgate" and "/sap/its". Additionally, for SAP EP the default use of "/irj" can be configured to a different value.

Let me know if you require more in-depth information on either of these options. I can find the actual parameters, etc, for the files mentioned above...

Regards,

Pete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thanks for your help.

As far as the first option it is not in my control, so I would go with the second option. More precisely I need information to configure /irj for SAP EP.

Thanks,

Megha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I am also facing similar challenges with my own configuration of the Portal and multiple SAP backend systems all sitting behind a single WebSEAL instance. I am very interested in the option for reconfiguring the value of /irj for the URLs within EP.

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated if you have procedures available to change this path value.

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Unfortunately, it was some time ago that I (thought I) determined how to reconfigure the /irj context-root - I have not retained this information, and I'm now beginning to think that I never had the information in the first place!

I cannot find a way to change the context-root from /irj in the latest version of SAP Netweaver AS-Java. The best course of action would be to contact SAP to determine if this is possible.

Regards,

Peter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response, Peter. I'm in the process of trying to follow up with SAP now. I'll try to post whatever I learn on this topic.

idress
Explorer
0 Kudos

Glenn,

try to configure the URI used by the SAP applications:

For ITS based applications simply change the xml file used for the particular ITS instance.

For EP, I seem to recall a parameter somewhere that specifies the path, which is "/irj" by default.

- Ingo