Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-->XI-->FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i am doing the abover scenario.

in message monitoring R/3>XI>FTP is successful

FTP>XI>R3 System Error. How to handle the ACK.

MY Question is Do i have create any message mapping etc., to process the ack. or it will be automatic with the LS.

I dont have access to SLD currently.

ERROR MEssage:

Unable to convert sender service to an ALE logical system

thanks

Message was edited by: sri rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have done this,

When you create the business system (in the business landscape) you assign a "logical system name" or "ALE name". That is used as the ALE name for transporting IDOCs, and the sender system.

You have to also maintain this name in the R/3 System (tx. SALE, WE20), because IDOC will be noted as arriving from that system.

Regards,

abhy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sri,

According to your Error message , What I can understand is , there is no proper logical system/business system is created between XI and R/3.

If you have access to Tcode-SM59 of R/3 system/XI system, try to test the connection. If everything is correct, go to Business system in the COnfiguration and check for the "Adapter Specific Properties". If it is pointing correctly to R/3 system,then it is ok.

Go thru this blog for more info

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regd. ACK- Are u talking about Idoc Acknowledgement/FTP Ack ? If FTP, then there is no application ack. supported by Legacy systems like File System.

For Idoc ack-

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Michal addrreses the same problem in this blog of his, check it out,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Regards,

Bhavesh