Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine Problem

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Im under production support and I need your advice on the following scenario:

In my scenario, the sender is a EDI system which sends xml files and these xml files are processed in XI and the data is dumped in the SQL Server 2000 using the JDBC adapter. There is another .NET Production System which also links to SQL Server Database and updates it.

The problem arises when the .NET Production system goes down or its restarted, and so does the SQL Server (as both the .Net system and DB reside on the same box). This snaps the JDBC connection between the XI and the SQL Server. So, i need to log into the J2EE Visual Admin and restart the JDBC Connector datasource to re-establish the connection otherwise the dataflow stops from the XI to SQL Server.

My question is,

1. is there by any means I can automatically come to know when the JDBC connection is down ?

2. Is there by any means by which datasource automatically gets connected after the .Net server restarts so that i do not need to manually restart the datasource?

I have full access to J2EE Engine under Visual Admin.

Please provide a solution to this.

Regards,

Arkesh

Edited by: Arkesh Sharma on Mar 17, 2009 11:07 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the datasource is down then we cannot transfer the message through the JDBC Channel.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

Basically there is a architecture flaw ,, in the sense that both the SQL and .NET have been kept on the same box thus defeating the purpose of having a distributed landscape.

Anyways now you will have to live with it as for a solution..

1. is there by any means I can automatically come to know when the JDBC connection is down ?

You can have alerts configured.

2. Is there by any means by which datasource automatically gets connected after the .Net server restarts so that i do not need to manually restart the datasource?.

*Unfortunately i dont think there is a automatic way of restarting a datasource. It needs to be done manually but then there are third party softwares like " Service Hawk" ; "Service - O - Matic" ; "AlwaysUp" etc .

But none of these are available for free*

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 17, 2009 3:55 PM

Edited by: joel trinidade on Mar 17, 2009 3:56 PM

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Can you please clarify if the JDBC DataSource by any means directly connected to the JDBC Adapter in SAP-XI? I want to know if the JDBC DataSource is down, will the JDBC Adapter able to deliver the message and if it won't, will it throw an error in the Communication Channel adapter configuration?

Thanks,

Arkesh

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

Yes you would be able to see the error in Communication channel Monitoring if the Data source is down and it won't be able to deliver the message if the datasource is down.

Once the datasource is up had you tried to Restart the communication channel (Not the server) .

Thanks

Sunil Singh

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question you asked me has already been answered by sunil.

Regards

joel

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Whenever the JDBC DataSource, which is under the JDBC Connector, is down then we need to manually restart it in the J2EE Visual Admin. We never restart the JDBC Communication Channel if any such thing happens. So far, only by restarting the JDBC DataSource we could manage to solve the problem.

Please let me know how can i place alerts on this communication channel so that whenever the JDBC DataSource is down then we can get an email or sms regarding the same.

Thanks,

Arkesh