cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response of a webservice as request to a RFC. Is this possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to rfc ---> webservice calls. For the first call , I am getting some response from webservice. Can I make this response from first webservice as a request to second RFC in ECC and get the response back from the RFC and send the response to second webservice.

Please give some Idea.

Regards,

Reyaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reyaz,

my suggestion

Receive step ->sync send step ( to send the request to webservice and get response ->transformation step to transform from webservice response to request to RFC2 -> sync send step to send the req to rfc2 and get the response->transformation step to convert response from rfc2 to request of WS2->async send step to send..

this will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

My design has become bit more complex now. As I said earlier, I am getting a response from the first RFC I want to make it as request to 2nd RFC. But here I have constraint that, two fields of response from first webservice has to be stopped, remaining fields of the response will form the request message for the 2nd RFC. Once request is sent to RFC , I will get a response message. Now in my BPM the two fields stopped earlier should be added to the reponse I am getting from the second RFC.

FOr this , I have planned a BPM with sequence of Steps as follows.

1. receive ( receives the first message from RFC)

2. Transformation ( Mapping of this RFC with wsdl of 1st webservice)

3. Sync send ( the message received from mapping will be sent to the 1st webservice and gets the response back)

4. receive (receives the message from synce send ( which is response of 1st webservice) )

5. Transformation ( 1:n mapping to restrict the fields )

6. a. sync send ( non- restricted fields are input for this step)(sends the non restricted fields as request to 2nd RFC and receives the response)

b. receive step ( receives the restricted fields)

7. Transformation ( N:1 Mapping , restricted fields and response of 2nd RFC will be the source messages)

8. Send ( async) ( sends out the final output message.)

will this work for the requirement I have shown above. PLease tell , whether any change are required or any other approach. If it will work, can somebody please tell about how the confiuration for this could be done.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks&Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reyaz,

Just wondering, if you have both RFC's in same R/3 system. If so you can write a wrapper RFC function module, inside which you can call both RFC's and exposed wrapper FM as web service.

Just one more thought.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would require a BPM for this.

Async RFC ---> transform RFC to webservice request ---> Send Sync (Webservice request and response) -----> Transform webservice response to RFC request ----> Send Sync (RFC request and response) ----> Transform RFC response to webservice request ---> Send Webservice msg.

Refer Blog <a href="/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous RFC to SAP XI u2013 Asynchronous</a> for making Async RFC call(first in you case)

and these blogs <a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1 -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 1)</a>

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2 -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2)</a>

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Can you please elobarate this

Regards,

Reyaz